Advice Needed - Do I need to change?

Options
Hey,

So I am afraid this is another plateau thread. Rest assured, I do know that weight loss is not linear and I am happy to keep going taking other wins during this plateau.

However, I am little concerned that it is because I am doing something wrong and so I need to change it to get out of the plateau, rather than just being a natural thing that happens. So could really do with your advice.

So what I want to know is; do I just keep going OR do I need to change it up, as I am doing something wrong? I have only been stuck on this weight for 10 days so I know it is not long.

My stats are;

Height - 5'6", Female, 30's

Start Date - 17 April OW - 260lbs
Lost to Date - 30lbs

Kcal target consumed per day - target 1470 (which I mostly hit but sometimes a bit under)
Average total Kcal burnt per day (include exercise) - 2750 (from google fit)
Exercise per week - spinning (x3), swimming (x2), softball (x1) + walking (average 7km per day)

What do you think? Shall I just chill and keep going or is there something I am doing really wrong that is causing it?

Thanks

N

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    10 days isn't long enough to need to change anything, that being said though you've lost 30lbs in 8 or 9 weeks? thats pretty extreme, you may want to consider eating more.

given your stats you could lose a healthy 2lb per week on 1700 cals.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Be patient.
  • noodlesno
    noodlesno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey @TavistockToad

So I have lost 11% of my body weight in 11 weeks. I thought that was about right? I was aiming for 1% per week rather than 2lbs (appreciate it may not always happen). So as I get smaller my goal gets smaller as I thought it was more realistic to the journey. Have I got that all wrong?

The only reason I do not up the kcals is that I was concerned that I was underestimating the food and google fit was overestimating the kcals out, so was trying to give myself a buffer.

You are right though about the 10 days. I need to chill and will try and add the kcals to see what happens.

Thanks

N
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    How much of your exercise calories are you eating back?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    noodlesno wrote: »
    Hey @TavistockToad

So I have lost 11% of my body weight in 11 weeks. I thought that was about right? I was aiming for 1% per week rather than 2lbs (appreciate it may not always happen). So as I get smaller my goal gets smaller as I thought it was more realistic to the journey. Have I got that all wrong?

The only reason I do not up the kcals is that I was concerned that I was underestimating the food and google fit was overestimating the kcals out, so was trying to give myself a buffer.

You are right though about the 10 days. I need to chill and will try and add the kcals to see what happens.

Thanks

N

Except, that had you not been stable for the last 10 days or so, you'd be well ahead of that 1% per week. 30 lbs between 17 April and 17 June is 8 ish weeks. which should have been closer to 20 lbs than 30. So your deficit is a bit aggressive(but on the plus side, it's consistent with your tracking-1300 calorie a day deficit) So ease back on the deficit a bit.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    10 days? Trust the process and don't sweat it. Weight loss isn't linear. You won't see a loss every week or every other week always.
    Another thing to think about is- are you holding onto water weight? Things like hormones TOM , sore muscles, salty foods can all contribute to holding onto water weight at times. don't worry about it. As long as you are creating a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Trust the process.