Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Honest opinions on weight loss surgery

123457»

Replies

• mommyhof3mommyhof3 Member Posts: 550 Member Member Posts: 550 Member
    I struggled with my weight for years. I finally joined a clinic and had gastric bypass. I was in the clinic for just over 2 years before my gastric bypass. I met with a dietitian, psychologist, doctor, nurse, and had numerous classes to complete. I hit my goal weight 7 months after surgery and had my tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction on December 10, 2020. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I have to say that losing the weight is easy with gastric bypass but the mental and physical aspect of the surgery is NOT easy.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
    edited January 7
  • AndreaTamiraAndreaTamira Member, Premium Posts: 191 Member Member, Premium Posts: 191 Member
    mommyhof3 wrote: »
    I struggled with my weight for years. I finally joined a clinic and had gastric bypass. I was in the clinic for just over 2 years before my gastric bypass. I met with a dietitian, psychologist, doctor, nurse, and had numerous classes to complete. I hit my goal weight 7 months after surgery and had my tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction on December 10, 2020. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I have to say that losing the weight is easy with gastric bypass but the mental and physical aspect of the surgery is NOT easy.

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds like quite a lit of work, but also like you got a good support system.

I wonder if it would be easier for people who don't want to get weight loss surgery to loose weight if they had the same amount of help people who opt for weight loss surgery get just so they are allowed to go through with the procedure.

Obviously the gastric bypass helps with weight loss, but for many people the struggle is, at least in part, a psychological one. And still, most of them try to muddle through on their own, with little true support.