Weight loss.. i need help getting started!

Options
Hello,

I have been part of MFP community for a while.. off and on..

Back in 2009 i had my son.. gained a ton of weight i was at 180 approx..
Then i lost a ton of weight in 2011-2012

Now i'm back at 171 and kind of ashamed i let myself go..

What is the easiest way to ease back into this and be able to stick with it?

Taking any advice on food/ exercise.. etc..
Calorie intake?

Replies

• oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Makes sense.. i think i'm just getting over whelmed with starting.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. this is also another really good way to look at it!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    What @nutmegoreo said.
  • kjudge12
    kjudge12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Makes sense.. i think i'm just getting over whelmed with starting.

You don't have to start everything all at once. You can pick one or two key things, implement them this week, get comfortable with them, and then pick one or two other things.

One thing that worked for me: I just started logging. I ate what I normally ate, I just began learning how many calories were in what I was eating. Once I felt comfortable with logging, I began consistently hitting a calorie goal that put me at a reasonable deficit. Once I was doing that, I began noticing what meal choices left me feeling full and satisfied and which ones didn't. From there, I made some adjustments to my diet and meal timing (most of them pretty small) -- adding some types of foods at a higher frequency and eating some types of foods/meals less often.

This isn't the only way to do it, of course, but it worked well for me. I don't do well when I feel like I have to change a bunch of stuff at once. Because I did all this over the course of a few weeks, I never felt overwhelmed.

Totally agree. Also, if you enjoy podcasts checkout The Dumbbells, not only is it funny, it's really informative and non judgemental. They talk to a lot of people who are going through exactly what you are and provide great advice. Their weekly podcast keeps me motivated and they are a lot of fun to listen to!