So here we go again

Options
Went to the Doctors last month, I am "Healthy" but overweight, and sadly pre-diabetic (which scared me) so I am on here again, trying to lose weight, I have lost over 20 the first time, but really want to reach my goal of 40 this time around.
Obstacles:
Sometimes I work 16-18 hours a day
I also commute 2 hours each day sometimes
my wife is pregnant with our first child, so evreyone says I should be putting on weight so she does not feel bad, but I would rather be fit and have more energy so i can help take care of the baby.. and be around longer for my new son.

It has been so long since last time I was on here, I dont have any more friends really who log. So if anyone is looking for or could use some motivation and someone to do this with lets do it!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I think some sort of meal planning or maybe even meal prep can help you.
    And I would just take the "put on weight for your pregnant wife's sake" as a friendly joke.
  • committedtofit
    committedtofit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in the same boat. I've lost and regained and having to start over. I am feeling so defeated that I can't even figure out how to get turned around. But I think posting here is a good start to being accountable and getting our mindset right. You can do it! Just take it one day at a time. One meal at a time. I'm also going to take my own advice :) Good luck to you and congrats on the soon to be little one!
  • MrsWaldo99
    MrsWaldo99 Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Welcome back!! I am right there with you. I too started MFP about 6 years ago & lost 50 lbs. I got comfortable, slacked on calorie tracking & life happened & the weight crept back on. Now here I am & I have gained it almost all back. I too went to the Dr. a couple of months ago & got in trouble for being over weight. I am so ashamed of myself right now & have shut most people out of my life because I am so embarrassed. We all can & will do this together!! I don't know how to send a friend request or I would friend you. Lol
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    Take it from me, don’t take anyone’s strange advice about you and your wife’s pregnancy! So she doesn’t feel bad? She’s growing a baby!! Of course she’s going to get big! Difference is she will drop 6-10lb in one day (the birth) but if you do the same you and get more weight on so she “doesn’t feel bad” it’s going to be even MORE work for you to do! And where are you going to have time with a newborn?!

Welcome back! Crack on and get some weight gone! You can do this!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    deltoro23 wrote: »
    Went to the Doctors last month, I am "Healthy" but overweight, and sadly pre-diabetic (which scared me) so I am on here again, trying to lose weight, I have lost over 20 the first time, but really want to reach my goal of 40 this time around.
    Obstacles:
    Sometimes I work 16-18 hours a day
    I also commute 2 hours each day sometimes
    my wife is pregnant with our first child, so evreyone says I should be putting on weight so she does not feel bad, but I would rather be fit and have more energy so i can help take care of the baby.. and be around longer for my new son.

It has been so long since last time I was on here, I dont have any more friends really who log. So if anyone is looking for or could use some motivation and someone to do this with lets do it!

Sometimes I work 16-18 hours a day ............. I know it's hard but you have to schedule in exercise like you would that DR's appt. Take a walk at coffee break or at lunch.... that's what I do.

I also commute 2 hours each day sometimes ...... I too have a 2 hour commute. Somedays I park my car 6 miles from work and bike the rest of the way in. I don't have to get up all that much earlier. It takes some figuring but is
    another way to get in some "exercise".
    What works for me might not work for someone else but I wanted to show you that there is always a way if you want to find it.

my wife is pregnant with our first child, so evreyone says I should be putting on weight so she does not feel bad, but I would rather be fit and have more energy so i can help take care of the baby.. and be around longer for my new son....... Seriously???? "Everyone" is totally wrong!! Your wife will love you even more when you tell her why you want to lose the weight.

It has been so long since last time I was on here, I dont have any more friends really who log. So if anyone is looking for or could use some motivation and someone to do this with lets do it! ...... feel free to add me, I'm on every day. Let's do this!! :)