Options
13»

Replies

• LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    LW3380 wrote: »
    Looking at your diary, if I was in your position I'd change my activity levels. You are clearly not "sedentary" from the amount of extra calories you seem to be gaining from exercise, even if as you say you don't trust your Fitbit readings it's still a hefty adjustment. I was in the same boat but after @WinoGelato suggested a few changes for my setting, my readings were much more realistic.

This is why you believe you are earning 800plus calories from the exercise you do.

Mfp asks for your activity level before exercise well if I don't exercise I barely get 3k steps a day and I never said I didn't trust the adjustment I said I know from my results that it over estimates by around 200-300 calories per day

I'm sure you do more than 3k a day, I do over this just pottering about the house on a Sunday.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, if I was in your position I'd change my activity levels. You are clearly not "sedentary" from the amount of extra calories you seem to be gaining from exercise, even if as you say you don't trust your Fitbit readings it's still a hefty adjustment. I was in the same boat but after @WinoGelato suggested a few changes for my setting, my readings were much more realistic.

This is why you believe you are earning 800plus calories from the exercise you do.

Mfp asks for your activity level before exercise well if I don't exercise I barely get 3k steps a day and I never said I didn't trust the adjustment I said I know from my results that it over estimates by around 200-300 calories per day

I'm sure you do more than 3k a day, I do over this just pottering about the house on a Sunday.

No I don't
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP if I recall you have a history of obsessing about the minutiae and binge/restrict cycles - because of that I would be cautious about leaving so many calories on the table and just not eating them at any point - the day you did the exercise or later in the week so that the weekly average is at your net goal.

The FitBit sync issues have been frustrating for sure but you’ve been using the device for a while, you should have a good idea of what your average burn is and what the typical adjustment is with MFP for that level of activity - you can just eat a reasonable amount of those calories and not worry about the red numbers - when the two systems start working again they will adjust and your numbers will be back on track.

Even if I'm not hungry :/ don't see much good in eating for the sake of it if I wasn't using mfp I wouldn't know I had X amount of calories left so I wouldn't eat unless I was hungry which I haven't been

You're not "eating for the sake of it," you're eating to fuel your activity and help avoid a restrict/binge cycle (which has been a problem for you in the past). Those are two very, very good reasons to ensure your deficit isn't too big.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP I’m really not sure why you start threads asking for help and advice when you just ignore all the comments you receive.

Concur. But I am a glutton for punishment so I will attempt to explain the comments in another way...

Red isn't a bad color. Be honest in your recordings. You don't need to hit your exact number every day. A couple hundred above or below is no biggy. 800 is a pretty hefty miss, though.
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

No I don't

Well thats me told 😂