treadmill running

Options
2»

Replies

• ishakint
    ishakint Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try Aaptiv. They have a 30 day free trial. It has made running enjoyable again for me.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    It's summer. Take advantage of the nice weather and go outside. Run indoors when it's snowing.

If you absolutely cannot run outside, then put on a TV show then will keep you engaged, something you get wrapped into. It'll keep your mind busy. I also cover the numbers on the treadmill with a towel so I'm not starting at them.

Oh, and no, running on an incline does not make your thighs bulky. Eating too much makes your thighs bulky.

It hit 104° today. If I don't leave the house for my run by 5AM, I use the treadmill. Can we trade a few degrees, I'll give you some of my summer temp in exchange for your winter temps?
  • mandystar
    mandystar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have 3 little ones. I cant go outside and run most days, so I run on a treadmill. I do 3 miles every day. To fight boredom I listen to music and play little games with my running. Like, I will set my speed higher than where I'm comfortable and dare myself to make it 5 minutes. Stuff like that. Before I know it my 3 miles is done and I'm good to go
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Have run on a treadmill a lot, kid was a factor for me too. Record run was a second long of 14 miles while I was marathon training. Some great ideas here but my magic bullet was music mixes where I could match my cadence to the beat... had one that was constructed especially for tempo runs and I still feel mighty when I hear certain tracks...
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    There's a guy on Youtube called ProWalks who does treadmill virtual walks, mostly around Italy. I'm addicted to Italy in general and Rome in particular and find that being able to imagine I'm walking or jogging around somewhere awesome instead of plodding along on a bit of plastic and rubber helped me a lot.
    However, I started forcing myself to run outside at least once a week and loved it so much that now I only use the treadmill for walking on rest days. I get up while everyone else is still asleep and it isn't too hot to be able to get out and run.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hate morning so treadmill is still my friend... Thanks OP for sparking this list of helpful ideas!
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    get the app called Studio
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run!

It's an app that has a good story, and you get to run away from zombies and listen to your own music between story segments.

I also like audiobooks and shows that I dedicate for the treadmill and never watch/listen to them outside of my treadmill time.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Heehee! @Goober1142 -you've got to know when hold em. Know when to fold em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run...

😂

Sorry. Couldn't help myself, there.