Anyone else have friends who suck?

Options
Being in my 40’s you would think one would have an established group of friends by now. I have a group of 4 girlfriends who I love dearly but they flake on me all the time. We all plan things, dinners, activities, weekends away, etc.. and more times than not multiple people bail and I end up sitting home alone. So do you completely write off these people and be friendless or put up with their shenanigans? The easy thing would be to get new friends but that’s extremely difficult when you are in your 40’s and single.

Replies

• hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Are these friends of yours single as well?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Yes I do and her name's Tiffany.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are your friends single too? Why would you give up on those that you care about?
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have ex-friend that were like that. It's less overall stress and new friends aren't that difficult to make (I'm in my 40's as well), once you go do things you enjoy.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I had a group of friends through 20s-early 30s. Had to cut them all loose. I'm approaching 40s with a more reliable group of friends. The flaking gets old.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    One is single, the others are married.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have a very close circle of really good friends. Most of the time things work out when we have plans, but we're all busy and all have kids, etc...so sometimes stuff just happens.

I have a handful of friends that are on a slightly lower tier...it can be more hit or miss when we have plans...we're just not quite as close, but I'd say even then, it's more like 80/20
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Life, can often be a single player experience. Hoping for a multi-player experience, can often leave you missing out on the best 1 player action ever.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    One is single, the others are married.

This makes sense, probably with kids as well? If you are sitting home alone, search for people that have similar interests, join groups etc. But kicking the friends you do have to the curb because they bail on events seems harsh as having friends you trust and love are very hard to come by.

You just need some other things in your life to keep you from being lonely, etc.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Yes I do and her name's Tiffany.

Table for two, breakfast for one

efakg6tqdbax.gif
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My friends don't suck, if one of them did I'd wife them up
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    what are "friends"? lol
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    2VORNT2V wrote: »

Uh huh, don’t velociraptors have cloacas?
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    2VORNT2V wrote: »

Uh huh, don’t velociraptors have cloacas?

I'm in to claw play