Help?

Options
Ghxstzone
Ghxstzone Posts: 32 Member
So I have been eating nothing but fruit and vegetables for the past month and I learned I need more protein so I have ate, well tried, some lean meat and I threw it up an hr later and I felt sick. Now, I don’t know if it’s cause my body isnt going to take the meat considering I haven’t ate in a month or what ?? I need help in a way, what vegetables or fruit will give me some protein? I do drink some protein shakes after a weight lifting session. I don’t eat any dairy whatsoever. So I need help on what veggies and fruit can give me protein .

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Fruit and vegetables provide minimal protein.

You'd be better off trying to incorporate legumes/beans, tofu/tempeh, seitan, fish/seafood, eggs.
  • kittyluvduck
    kittyluvduck Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Doctor. Now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

nuts arent a good protein source.

i agree with seeing a doctor
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you might even have some sort of eating disorder.
    Talk to a doctor.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ghxstzone wrote: »
    So I have been eating nothing but fruit and vegetables for the past month and I learned I need more protein so I have ate, well tried, some lean meat and I threw it up an hr later and I felt sick. Now, I don’t know if it’s cause my body isnt going to take the meat considering I haven’t ate in a month or what ?? I need help in a way, what vegetables or fruit will give me some protein? I do drink some protein shakes after a weight lifting session. I don’t eat any dairy whatsoever. So I need help on what veggies and fruit can give me protein .

What type of lean protein did you incorporate. How much did you add? Because you might want to try a few different ones because a sweeping change in diet can cause some issues occasionally.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Yup, sounds like a trip to the doctor is in order. There's a tick that can cause a meat allergy called the "Lone Star" Tick. You may want to be checked, or you've eaten fruits/veggies for so long you can't digest it well. Either way, let a doctor decide.