At wits end!

Options
:mad: I'm totally frustrated today, and I need to HELP. :sad: I weighed and measured yesterday, BIG MISTAKE, I weighed 7lb more lbs since I started MFP & not to mention how many inches I have gained.

I know I need to make changes. I just don’t know where to start. I'm out of shape & I don’t know what kind of exercise plan I would even start with. I have no health issues to speak of. I need motivation & lots of support.

I've got to get a handle on this I'm about to turn 44 years old & I know it’s only going to get harder.

I would be happy losing just 20lbs but 30 would be GREAT!

Replies

• justinemary1
    Options
    Hello I weighed myself about a month ago and was at my highest weight ever! and thought hmmm i better do something about it instead of be sad and unhappy. So i started off with some serious will power and cleansed myself (Candida Cleanse) of starchy foods/carbs and sugary anything. No caffeine or alcohol. I did this for 15 days and just from changing my diet I lost 5lbs in the first week!! If that wasnt motivation enough right! so i think the main thing is to change what your eating. Simple! MOTIVATION AND WILL POWER are my key concepts here and yes its very very hard especially in the summer (dont get me started) but you'll feel one hundred percent! Google the Candida Cleanse. I do have to mention that the cleanse isnt meant for weight loss but to detoxify the intestines of yeast. But while i did it i lost weight. so this was the start of my journey. Since then I have lost 7lbs not too bad if you ask me :) So if you want add me and we can motivate together :)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi!
    Don't let it get to you (not easy, I know)
    I say to do a kick start of omitting processed sugars and breads. Try and eat lighter foods. Nothing super crazy or else I feel it might be detrimental in the end. Don't starve yourself whatsoever, just omit "junk" (processed sugar, chips, alcohol, fast food, high sodium foods) drink lots of water and give yourself a smile for trying!

But most of all, exercise each day, a simple 20 minute walk can be a great motivator. Do it everyday, whatever it is you decide to do.

I've been in your situations MANY times, the best thing I have on my side is persistance, though my willpower is not always at it's heighest, but everyday brings new opportunities.good luck!
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello. I started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago and lost about 6 lbs and 2 inches almost everywhere. My routine is 3 days a week I do strength training and walking on a treadmill and the other 2 days, i just walk on the treadmill. It's worked so far. I also stopped drinking sodas and eating a lot of sweets. Feel free to add me and I can help motivate you. :smile: