I love carbs. Very much.

Options
Hi, all:) Like the title says, I could eat carbs all day long. I know I need protein and eat it (only around 60-70% of what I should) but I don't enjoy it that much.

My PT said my protein grams should be higher than my carb grams to maximise fat loss and I just don't think I'll be able to achieve that:( I manage just about 1 gram per kilo of body weight.

Those in the know-please explain: am I ok to skew the macros as long as I fit into calories for the day?

Replies

• JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am the same, I love carbs & don't really care for meat so I have a hard time reaching my protein goal & I sometimes go over in carbs. It probably isn't the healthiest way to be but I've still been able to lose at a pretty decent rate.
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am certainly no expert, but I understand your pain. Carbs are my weakness. Unfortunately, I did not see any difference until I lowered my carb intake and increased my protein. The difference is definitely worth it!
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love them and eat them all the time :-) I lost 130 lbs, before joining MFP and never worried too much about it. Make the healthiest choices possible, make sure you get your protein and fiber. If you want to treat yourself once in a while then do it but stay within your calories.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    carbs are good,,especially it gives them energy to your body and brain,, also don't forget the protein & fiber or other micronutrients :wink:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I too loved carbs but the more I let go and upped protein the better I feel so its worth it to me. You can see weight loss with or without but for me lowering carb intake is better for my body, it reacts more :) Good luck!:wink:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Carbs make up 50% of my macro's, so add me to the list of carb lovers...... :drinker:
  • theMDfit
    Options
    Thank you for the answers! Much appreciated. So it's true then-I'll have to learn to love protein a bit more, no way around it;(
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I :heart: carbs and I don't care who knows it!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the answers! Much appreciated. So it's true then-I'll have to learn to love protein a bit more, no way around it;(

Unfortunately :(