I did it!!! I drove passed KFC and cooked my own dinner!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Been on my journey since 7/7 and am down 11.4 pounds. My mother is here visiting from KY and KFC is one of her (and my favorites). I took her out yesterday for lunch and gave her the choice of KFC, Long John Silvers, or the Golden Corral Buffet. She narrowed it down to KFC and Golden Corral and left it to me to decide due to my diet. I was tempted to choose KFC, but ended up turning toward Golden Corral. After only choosing chopped chicken on my salad for my only meat, I was able to eat veggies and stay on plan yesterday. Congratulations on your victory, and congratulations for each day you are able to succeed in staying on play.
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    Amazing job! A few years ago my husband and I "detoxed" off of our (sometimes multiple times a day) fast food diet. It was hard and I remember how incredibly awful I felt at the time. Now, about 3 years later any time I have eaten it for whatever reason it tastes pretty awful and makes me feel horrible. So I avoid like the plague and if I am tired will opt to pick up a whole cooked chicken from the grocery store, or chicken breasts in the ready made section, or even pick up meals from a 'real' restaurant worst case.

You should be as proud of yourself as you are, and even more. HUGE accomplishment. Keep up the amazing work. :)
  • Determination29
    Options
    When I read the title of this thread it put a huge smile on my face! I am so happy for you! I know how difficult that must have been and how proud you must feel! Keep it up!!!!!

P.S. I LOVE your username OP!!!!!!

Awwwwh, thanks!!!!
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your screen name suits you perfectly! Congratulations on an amazing NSV!
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is a great feeling to resist temptation! One day this week I had "earned" enough calories with exercise that I immediately thought, "I can go get Chick-fil-A now because I can *afford* it!" I could have gone, but then I thought, do I REALLY want it? Or do I just want it because I CAN have it? I realized it wasn't a true craving for the food itself, so I had something else instead :) Good job, especially with other people pressuring you!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well done...just one day at a time!

danceava.gif
  • Determination29
    Options
    It is a great feeling to resist temptation! One day this week I had "earned" enough calories with exercise that I immediately thought, "I can go get Chick-fil-A now because I can *afford* it!" I could have gone, but then I thought, do I REALLY want it? Or do I just want it because I CAN have it? I realized it wasn't a true craving for the food itself, so I had something else instead :) Good job, especially with other people pressuring you!

Kudos to you! Now that is an amazing move you made! you go!!
  • Determination29
    Options
    Well done...just one day at a time!

danceava.gif

I love it, thanks!
  • Determination29
    Options
    Your screen name suits you perfectly! Congratulations on an amazing NSV!

I really do appreciate it, thanks!
  • Haha that's great to hear (: Congrats on accomplishing that tough obstacle, seriously.
  • Determination29
    Options
    Haha that's great to hear (: Congrats on accomplishing that tough obstacle, seriously.

it was tough. I'm day 5 in and im still battling the cravings but i havent had any fast food!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    did you cook chicken?
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    awesome! good job! see? you CAN do this!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I read the title of this thread it put a huge smile on my face! I am so happy for you! I know how difficult that must have been and how proud you must feel! Keep it up!!!!!

Haha, this! Couldn't have put it any better myself :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!