Heart Rate Monitor Watch... Best options

Options
Greetings,
I am in the market to (quickly) purchase a HRM device.
My activity is not easily logged as it's not common-
I would like to be around $50, waterproof, readily available via Amazon.
I have a Galaxy phone-have 0 interest in Apple products (personal preference).
Would like HR, Calories, and activity monitor.
Nothing to complicated.

Thank you!!

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    You're not going to find a quality wrist based device in your desired price range.

I'd suggest looking at the garmin vivoactive 1 for your watch functionality(85-125) and a Wahoo Tickr chest strap HRM puck(40-50)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Just curious what you activity is and how tracking your heart rate will help?

If you want a waterproof wrist based HRM that sorta works you will have to spend a couple hundred $$$.
  • mikepongo1
    mikepongo1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great..
    Which ones?
    I know literally nothing about this.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    HRMs measure heart beats, not calories.

Given your price range, and that your phone probably has an ANT+ antenna, a chest strap is probably your best bet.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    mikepongo1 wrote: »
    My activity is not easily logged as it's not common

What is it?

My inclination is that if the activity is unusual then an HRM is likely to be inappropriate as well. The algorithms generally and steady state, aerobic range, activity.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I would recommend you read the reviews on Amazon for a product in your price range that meets your description. I love my fitbit alta HR but it's ~$150 and not waterproof. Amazon has a fitbit charge HR for $59 (it's tangerine color), not sure if it's waterproof, but that seems to be a bit less expensive than what they normally cost. Maybe because of the color?
    Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband (Tangerine, Large (6.2 - 7.6 in)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2BWKGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IuloBb2ZFKXP5
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    I would recommend you read the reviews on Amazon for a product in your price range that meets your description. I love my fitbit alta HR but it's ~$150 and not waterproof. Amazon has a fitbit charge HR for $59 (it's tangerine color), not sure if it's waterproof, but that seems to be a bit less expensive than what they normally cost. Maybe because of the color?
    Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband (Tangerine, Large (6.2 - 7.6 in)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2BWKGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IuloBb2ZFKXP5

Charges aren't waterproof and that particular one had numerous issues breaking down.