Plant based

Options
Hi everyone! I recently started a plant based diet. I have to say I feel great! Lots of energy! I gradually made the transition which I think really helped alot. I've done lots of research and just feel this is the best option for me. If anyone has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated. Add me if you would like. Thank you for reading

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    The only advice I have is to track your calories and your protein so that you eat optimally for your health :)
  • tina_bella1
    tina_bella1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you Maxxitt. Yes it's been tough getting enough protein and calories in. I find myself getting full easily
  • tina_bella1
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Supplement B12 and omega 3

I'm taking both thank you!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’ve been WFPB for about 7 months (switched from vegetarian). I feel great and honestly don’t worry about macros. Add me if you’d like.
  • fitwife916
    fitwife916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently also switched to a primarily plant based/vegan diet. Add me if you'd like 😊
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yayy!! I'll add you now:) I'm a vegan and have been for the past 10 months ... I'd love to share recipes with you if you have any tasties?!
  • Tamiele1
    Tamiele1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’ve recently started to eat this way as well. Transitioning into it as I learn how to eat this way. I hope you don’t mind but I will be adding those of you that are willing to allow me to be part of this group with y’all. Day one improvement is no acid reflux. 😊
  • BeesAreWorthSaving
    BeesAreWorthSaving Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today and love to read all these comments and ideas. If I knew how to add a friend, I would :blush:

I have been PB, mostly WFPB, for 6-8 months now, mostly organic eating/living at home since 2012. Anyone so inclined, please add me as a friend.. Jenn
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! Anyone can add me too if they want :) starting weight 240 (before MFP) current weight 161.5 :) lets do this!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If money isn’t an issue, you might wasn’t to try a vegan meal delivery service to get you started. I like Hungryroot because the meals come together in 10 mins or less. But some items have a bit of oil. It’s expensive, but it takes the thought out of meal prep for now.

Sometimes I just cook a bag of frozen broccoli, dump on canned black beans and sriracha. Easy.

Tip: for cooking, anyplace you would normally use oil (except baked goods) substitute low sodium veg broth.

I like the Clean Food Dirty Girl Facebook group for support and advice, but it’s nice to see more WFPB here on MFP.
  • tina_bella1
    Options
    hey everyone!!! thank you so very much for all the replies. I have been loving this WFPB way of living. Now I did have a set back. I had some body aches and felt like I had the flu. I was taking B12 and Omegas so I figured it was ViT D that I needed. I started taking that supplement and the aches went away. Other than that everything has been great. I am definitely wanting to be healthy so stay away from all the processed foods. Again add me as a friend if you would like. Thank u all