World Cup Fever!

Options
13»

Replies

• LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I really hope Gareth drops that little duchess known as Sterling. He is selfish and won’t pass and is going to blow up the lads.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    LIBOR_cat wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Ah, I am sad now. I suppose I will go for England now since my team is out. I have lots of family there and have no loyalty to the other teams.
    Are you Swedish? I have a thing for Swedish mommas.

Well, I am half Swedish. The other half is Persian. I guess I don't look like a typical Swede because I am mixed, but everyone says I look like Mom, the one who is Swedish, except for my hair. :)
  • LIBOR_cat
    Options
    Ah, I am sad now. I suppose I will go for England now since my team is out. I have lots of family there and have no loyalty to the other teams.

Well, I am half Swedish. The other half is Persian. I guess I don't look like a typical Swede because I am mixed, but everyone says I look like Mom, the one who is Swedish, except for my hair. :)
    Even half is good enough for me
  • nooshi713
    Options
    bufger wrote: »

We welcome you with open arms.
    Come on England!

Yeah, I am pissed that you guys beat my team, but I will have to jump on the bandwagon for now. England is pretty cool. I like Golder's Green Park and fish and chips. LOL
  • nooshi713
    Options
    I knew Belgium would beat Brazil. Brazil is overhyped, I agree with whoever said that. And Neymar did too much rolling. The refs got tired of it.
  • PrincessVamp666
    PrincessVamp666 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching on Wednesday - My OH is working so someone has to represent!!! :)

I will legit eat my sweaty gym socks if England win the Cup though!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    All my teams are eliminated. I'm now rooting for Croatia, but, if Belgium wins, that'll make my friends in Brussels happy.
  • LIBOR_cat
    Options
    I'll be watching on Wednesday - My OH is working so someone has to represent!!! :)

I will legit eat my sweaty gym socks if England win the Cup though!
    No give it to me.
  • LIBOR_cat
    Options
    Knighthood for Gareth Southgate!! Now!!

5jowjriwyb4f.jpeg
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    phil6707 wrote: »
    phil6707 wrote: »
    winner will be whoever wins the semi France - Belgium> I do not think England and Croatia are equipped to beat those 2 teams
    And you are an expert in football, right?

Nobody thought Belgium’s beating Brazil but it happened.

Anyone knowing a BIT about football knows that Belgium was among the favorite and that Brazil is over hyped over Neymar. I understand American can be surprised but Europeans are not

Hey now, don't let the jokesters here fool you - there's plenty of us on this side of the ocean who know the game, too. Belgium over Brazil was the expectation at my house and seemed to be the guess amongst my friends, too. There were a handful of wrong guesses in my pre-tournament predictions, but I had 3 of the last 4 teams standing correct (Croatia being the probably obvious surprise contender) so I don't think I did too poorly in making my bracket. It says Belgium and England for the final - let's see if I continue to be right.
  • nooshi713
    Options

Even half is good enough for me

Tack!! :)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Realized I somehow predicted 3/4 of final four from the round of 16....everyone but France!'
    Well, the important thing is, US remained undefeated...