Coping With Being Seen

Options
LindaCCherry
LindaCCherry Posts: 13 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
I have begun to notice that, particularly men, are beginning to "see me" since I have lost a few pounds and dropped a couple of pants sizes. I find this to be very unnerving, and quite frankly, aggravating as I am used to always being ignored or tucked away in the friend zone. Yes it is flattering, but at the same time, it causes me to question what their true intentions are (severe trust issues here) and why they refused to "see me" before. My deduction is that size and appearance REALLY do matter and that most people are too shallow to get to know the real you without judging you for not being a single digit size.

My way of coping is to be polite, answer any non-intrusive questions as vaguely as possible, and then hightail it out there before things become any more awkward than they are.

What are some of the ways you all cope with being seen since dropping the weight and getting healthy?

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    enjoy it. be upset when they stop "seeing you" <3
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    For me, when I'm feeling confident I get more attention. I've noticed this at both big and small sizes. In my experience it has more to do with what I'm putting out there. Of course, there are always creepers, but they'll be there regardless as well.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of being comfortable in your new body.

I know I'm not used to mine and I have a few more lbs to lose.

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As much as I like to believe that it’s true that size matters adversely to a lot of men, I have found it to not be as true as I once thought. I am. Very large woman 5ft 11 322lbs for reference. I get a lot of attention from men. It’s to the point where all of my employees joke around about all of my “boyfriends”. Just a thought, maybe you’re really shining now because you feel better about yourself. That confidence is really really sexy to men. The smile, the personality. I know from experience that not all men prefer average/smaller size women. My husband for example, is fighting me tooth and nail about loosing weight because he likes my body the way it is and doesn’t want me to. I think you maybe just bloomed a little bit, and the world is noticing! Good for you!
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We’re all visual when it comes to attraction it’s natural ,especially for men because they have to perform,just a fact,not shallow or judgy in a negative way, try to be more realistic and fair with men,most of them are nice,enjoy the extra attention-it’s expanding your horizons :smile: ready or not!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I understand where the OP is coming from and it is hard. I believe that my self-sabotage in the past may have been triggered in part, by that unwanted attention. On an intellectual level, I understand it is a positive thing to be thought attractive. My way of coping was exactly the same one you are using - due to past experiences, the attention made me cringe inside and perhaps subconsciously pack on the pounds to become "invisible" again.

As an older woman, I now get to be "invisible" in a culture that promotes "young hotties", so I no longer get the same type of overt attention I once did. I find this comforting. Since based on your avatar, you are still in the overt come-on age group, I don't know what to tell you other than remember that you are doing this for yourself.