Weight Loss IS NOT Linear!

Options
At least not for me.
You may have already heard or read that weight loss is not linear, but here is a little supporting evidence. I weigh myself monthly - this might not work for everyone, but it works for me.
Anywho, as weigh in day approached, I decided to try to anticipate the number I would see on the scale by reviewing previous months data. I have a Fitbit so I had my calorie burn totals, and MFP tracks my calories in.

What I found was: My deficit did not match my weight loss.
While the trend was always down, just because I was set up to lose say, 2lbs/week did not mean I would lose 8lbs over the course of a month. Maybe I would lose 5lbs, maybe I would lose 6, maybe 7.1. But not once did I lose the exact amount my deficit would lead me to believe I would.

This is going to be something I need to wrap my head around now that I am approaching my goal weight, have increased my calories in to almost match maintenance and have decreased my deficit to 1lb/week in anticipation of maintaining for life.

All of this to say, if the scale doesn't show what you thought it would, and you are sure you have been doing everything you know you should. Don't give up.