Stupid questions about weighing food

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    All of this has been so helpful. I really do need to weigh out all of my pans and dishes. I think that will make a world of difference as well. I have made several things over the past few days using these methods and I find it to be not that much more more. Plus I think it helps me to be a little more accountable, when I know I have to weigh something. In the past, I was the girl who would tell the Olive Garden sever to leave the cheese grater at the table. I’m much more reasonable now that I have to weigh it. And not wasting hundreds( maybe thousands let’s be honest) of calories on shredded Parmesan cheese!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have a post-it note in the kitchen that has the weights of all the pots/pans/casserole dishes I use often so I don't have to weigh them every time. I just weigh the finished product and subtract the weight of the dish from the post-it.

My IP liner weighs 777g, easy to remember :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Love the recipe builder, and by using the final weight as the number of servings, if you have leftovers the next day, you just weight it and enter that as your number of servings. I also add the ingredients as I'm cooking. So weigh stuff and write it down, but when there's a moment that everything is simmering, I'll add the ingredients so I don't have to add it all when I'm done.

That's not a bad idea either. I have several where the serving size is 1g. Just weigh what you put on the plate in grams and enter that many servings.

Yup. By using the final weight as the number of servings in the recipe, each serving equals 1g.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do casserole type dishes alot, weight everything, log the total calories and then subtract by how many people are eating it.