Celebrating small accomplishments along the way...

jadamuriel76
jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
edited June 2018 in Getting Started
So I’m starting again as a lot of people find themselves doing. One thing I’m going differently this time is starting slowing and acknowledging my progression, no matter how small. In the past I’ve felt like if I wasn’t meeting all of my goals, seeing the scale move quickly and eating almost perfectly then I was failing. Way to self sabotage, right?
Not this time...
I’m drinking way less soda, making better food choices, drinking more water, working out at least a couple of days a week, and logging in my MyFitnessPal diary EVERYDAY. No, I haven’t been exactly meeting my calorie goals nor have I been meeting my exercise goals; however, I’m committed and I’m doing better. Yay!!
Hang in there and celebrate small accomplishments along the way. You will eventually reach your goals.

Replies

• jmr5681
    jmr5681 Posts: 24 Member
    I have the same plan too. Doing it slowly but being persistent. I also use an app on my phone called Habits, to build habits like exercise or daily log in my MFP diary.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    It really is the small things that make up the building blocks of new habits!!

Day before yesterday I had a 6 hour staring contest with a box of donuts and won !! B)

lol...... yep it's celebrating the little victories ! :)