Logging scrambled egg

Options
Spitspot81
Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
A diary entry of scrambled egg logs 91 calories for one egg. is that just purely the egg or do you make another entry if you add milk/butter?

It just always surprises me that an egg scrambled is 91 calories and yet an egg hard boiled is approx 35 calories.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    If it's a generic entry then there is no way to know if the person added anything. Add "usda" to your search and that should just pull up the egg. Any other ingredients you add should be a separate entry or you can create a "food" that contains it all in one listing.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    The 35 calorie entry for a hard boiled egg is wrong. The average commercial "large" egg is 70-80 calories (eggs are hard to be exact due to varience of egg yolk size and overall egg size). I use 80 calories for my eggs as that will be the high end of average and negates any calories in the pepper I tend to cover my eggs in.

If you use milk for a scrambled egg, add both the calories for the eggs and the milk.
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...I guess little errors like this can add up to a lot of extra calories at the end of the day
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you cooked it I would enter it as a recipe with whatever you added to it. Use the recipe builder.
    Otherwise choose a database entry for a plain egg, and log milk, butter/oil, etc. A whole plain egg should be 70 some calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log the egg (weigh it if you choose to, some don't because it has little variance). Log what you put in it (I use milk in mine) and if you use butter/oil in the pan.

A large egg is about 70 calories, FYI.
  • iotterbeinbed
    iotterbeinbed Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I enter eggs separate from the olive oil and greek yogurt i use to make them. I'm a bit paranoid about missing calories. Had large eggs tonight and they were each 70 calories.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Never search "scrambled egg" just log 1 egg and whatever you add to it. Just like you don't google "chicken sandwich" if you make yourself a chicken sandwich. You have to log every part of it.