80 Pounds Lost In 21 Weeks

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Broke the 90 lb fat loss today! Down 90.2 lbs today :):):):)

🎆🎆👏👏 Congratulations Paul👏👏🎆🎆🎆
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. This is an inspiration to those of us with a good deal to lose!
  • jaleda982
    jaleda982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Had to pop in to say!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You look like INSPIRATION!!!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Broke the 90 lb fat loss today! Down 90.2 lbs today :):):):)

🎆🎆👏👏 Congratulations Paul👏👏🎆🎆🎆
    Thank you for sharing. This is an inspiration to those of us with a good deal to lose!
    jaleda982 wrote: »
    Had to pop in to say!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You look like INSPIRATION!!!

Thank you all so much for the kind words! Seeing the comments puts a big smile on my face and is great for motivation. I enjoy sharing the journey and my experiences and observations along the way with you all. Getting positive feedback is very appreciated. :smile:
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off and yes, it is completely believable!! I started my new lifestyle on January 11th, 2017 and by September 15, 2017 (8 months and 4 days) I was down more than 100 lbs. I didn't cut out any specific foods or participate in IF. I changed what and how much I ate and got up off my butt and started moving more. While in maintenance, I took my weekends off... ate what I wanted like pizza, philly cheese steaks, etc. But never gorged myself. Monday morning it was right back to business. This method has worked well for me for close to 11 months (the 15th of Aug). I had been debating on dropping a little more and I finally made the decision to do so July 31st and am back in Loss Mode. This means no more weekends 'off' until I reach goal again.

You've done an amazing job and have benefited your health greatly!! Your transformation is astonishing as well! You should be so proud of yourself! Bask in the compliments!! You've earned every single one!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off and yes, it is completely believable!! I started my new lifestyle on January 11th, 2017 and by September 15, 2017 (8 months and 4 days) I was down more than 100 lbs. I didn't cut out any specific foods or participate in IF. I changed what and how much I ate and got up off my butt and started moving more. While in maintenance, I took my weekends off... ate what I wanted like pizza, philly cheese steaks, etc. But never gorged myself. Monday morning it was right back to business. This method has worked well for me for close to 11 months (the 15th of Aug). I had been debating on dropping a little more and I finally made the decision to do so July 31st and am back in Loss Mode. This means no more weekends 'off' until I reach goal again.

You've done an amazing job and have benefited your health greatly!! Your transformation is astonishing as well! You should be so proud of yourself! Bask in the compliments!! You've earned every single one!

Awesome! Congrats for finding a system that works well for you :smile: It can take some trial and error to figure out what works best for ourselves but sticking with it and being realistic about it all like you are is a major key to it all. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts here. I hope more people do too. I think its great to see so many great people supporting each other. :smile: <3
  • chicknsun
    chicknsun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you..you give me hope... I have lost 21 lbs since June 22, 2018. I am losing several lbs a week. It's amazing what happens when you pay attention to what you put in your body. I still have between 40-60 lbs to go. My goal is getting healthy, not skinny. I don't have a set final weight..i just want to reduce the required daily meds. I dont know you, but i am proud for you. I actually hit my protein requirement yesterday which is a really big deal. I am on restricted carbs but doctor says 120 g max per day. I cut that down to less than 50 g per day. It makes a huge difference. Before I am sure I would eat 200-300 carbs some days with probably 3000+ calories. I just didn't know anything other than I was getting fatter daily it seemed. Wow what a difference it makes to learn what food is for and how to eat healthy. Your story is awesome and I hope to follow suit. Congratulations on your success..
  • PaulChasinDreams
    edited August 2018
    Options
    chicknsun wrote: »
    Thank you..you give me hope... I have lost 21 lbs since June 22, 2018. I am losing several lbs a week. It's amazing what happens when you pay attention to what you put in your body. I still have between 40-60 lbs to go. My goal is getting healthy, not skinny. I don't have a set final weight..i just want to reduce the required daily meds. I dont know you, but i am proud for you. I actually hit my protein requirement yesterday which is a really big deal. I am on restricted carbs but doctor says 120 g max per day. I cut that down to less than 50 g per day. It makes a huge difference. Before I am sure I would eat 200-300 carbs some days with probably 3000+ calories. I just didn't know anything other than I was getting fatter daily it seemed. Wow what a difference it makes to learn what food is for and how to eat healthy. Your story is awesome and I hope to follow suit. Congratulations on your success..

You're post is why I share my journey here. Thank you so much for sharing your story and your feelings. It put a huge smile on my face and I'm very touched by your story and I can connect with it in a big way. I believe one of the hugest parts of getting healthy is understanding what you've posted here. Talking with your doctor and getting a handle of what is going on with our bodies, nutrition, what we eat, and how we live are some of the main keys to getting healthy. You will be feeling so much better as time goes on. We are all different with our metabolisms but for me, I am insulin resistant, addicted to carbs, and was pre diabetic and had early stages of a fatty liver. Once I reduced my daily carbs and got on a healthy eating lifestyle I started feeling better and better as time went on. It can be tough at times but will power can get you through those times. Great to hear you have a doctor who is concerned and helping you to reduce your meds too. Having a support system around you I feel is also very important as well as sharing with others what you are going through. <3
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud! That is such an accomplishment and you look wonderful! Well done!!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    You must be so proud! That is such an accomplishment and you look wonderful! Well done!!

Thank you! :)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Down 91.3 lbs today :)

Did a 16 Km hike yesterday through the surrounding trails around our property. Was a beautiful hike with a few nice size inclines so I got a good burn going and stumbled upon a huge stand of very ripe blackberries. I'll be going back today with buckets to pick a bunch of them. Thankfully the local bears haven't cleared them out yet!

aob8llzg6xtd.jpg

Well congrats on the loss MrFitMan you! You've just completed 16km and you're going back with buckets to pick blackberries. That's how I am in SF under the bridge, on the Marin side. They have the plumpiest juicest blackberries, so we're always driving back to Tiburon to get pails to pick them by the bucketloads. They're too tempting to not chomp down on immediately. 🍇🍇🍇

You live in a magical ethereal area. Has that sacredness to it, in a good way.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Your future self is going to be thanking you for this incredible year of 2018. Kudos!!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Well congrats on the loss MrFitMan you! You've just completed 16km and you're going back with buckets to pick blackberries. That's how I am in SF under the bridge, on the Marin side. They have the plumpiest juicest blackberries, so we're always driving back to Tiburon to get pails to pick them by the bucketloads. They're too tempting to not chomp down on immediately. 🍇🍇🍇
    You live in a magical ethereal area. Has that sacredness to it, in a good way.

:smile: Right on! Yes they are way too good to not munch on while picking lol. Especially when they're at their ripest and juiciest. Sooooo sweet! Even though they are low sugar per gram of weight they are still so very sweet. Gotta be careful when I munch them down lol. I can them in smaller jars that way I only have a small jar going in the fridge at a time and I mix them with some good high fat nuts or small amount of homemade ice cream, or just heavy cream with crushed nuts. So good! I use the juices from them after canning to make reduction sauces for other dishes. Thank you mother nature! :smile:
  • LadieTink
    LadieTink Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great. Well done :)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Your future self is going to be thanking you for this incredible year of 2018. Kudos!!

Thank you! Yes my body and mind are thanking me a lot lately :smile: Joints are feeling so much better and so much more energy.
    LadieTink wrote: »
    Wow!! You look great. Well done :)

Thank you!
  • JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm new here (well actually, I was on MFP years ago and lost 70 pounds, .....but over time, regained it)...so now I'm back "again"... but I Just wanted to say I think you did a GREAT job and you should be SO proud of yourself!! WTG!!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    You have a magical place for your hike!! When I was a child, my grandmother and I used to pick blackberries, so seeing them in the wild is a nice memory.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!