IBS. Anybody have it

Options
I have IBS i would like to know if anyone knows of any good over the counter treatments thanks. Also always adding friends

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think the FODMOP way of eating is supposed to work well for those with IBS, so look into that if you have not.

For more friends check out these threads which ended up gaining alot of traction.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176797/comment-here-if-you-want-more-friends#latest
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10324944/hi-looking-for-friends-motivation#latest

best wishes~
  • maqr0ll
    maqr0ll Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have not been officially diagnosed, but symptoms that sure seem like IBS started for me on 28 May 2018 for no obvious reason. For my wife also. I never had a problem before that in my life. In fact, I lost a considerable amount of weight since this started (I was always at least 80-something kilos, but dropped down to 67, the lowest since childhood!). Discovering FODMAPs has really helped. It's been the difference between spending all day feeling truly awful and spending the day feeling basically normal (except that you can't eat anything you want).
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    maqr0ll wrote: »
    I have not been officially diagnosed, but symptoms that sure seem like IBS started for me on 28 May 2018 for no obvious reason. For my wife also. I never had a problem before that in my life. In fact, I lost a considerable amount of weight since this started (I was always at least 80-something kilos, but dropped down to 67, the lowest since childhood!). Discovering FODMAPs has really helped. It's been the difference between spending all day feeling truly awful and spending the day feeling basically normal (except that you can't eat anything you want).

Don't you find it a little suspicious that you AND your wife developed it at precisely the same time? I would check into this further.
  • lauriegwen
    lauriegwen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been following a low fodmap diet for about 8 weeks. It has really helped with my symptoms and I have lost 16.2 lbs. I started using mfp as an easy way to log my foods, especially since I am going to be starting the reintroduction phase.