To eat Breakfast or not (GMA artical this morning).

Options
2»

Replies

• harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You still need fuel to get you going and you won't be so hungry later
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. My physical therapist told me breakfast isn't the most important meal, your post workout meal is. idk for sure if that's true but I believe him
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start with this horses*&t

Start by reading the article the OP linked, then citing studies that well contradict it.

What you *think* is true isn't worth the electrons used to darken the letters on the screen.

Continue by then noting that when looking at the bulk of the research and not just a singular study, you will find that the results of intra-day nutrient timing changes are basically a wash, which would tell you that collectively, we can't make any conclusions as to whether or not a specific calorie distribution is superior.

Which leads us right back to: Do whatever gives you the best dietary adherence/gym performance.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start with this horses*&t

Start by reading the article the OP linked, then citing studies that well contradict it.

What you *think* is true isn't worth the electrons used to darken the letters on the screen.

Continue by then noting that when looking at the bulk of the research and not just a singular study, you will find that the results of intra-day nutrient timing changes are basically a wash, which would tell you that collectively, we can't make any conclusions as to whether or not a specific calorie distribution is superior.

Which leads us right back to: Do whatever gives you the best dietary adherence/gym performance.

^ non-grouchy way of putting it :)
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I think breakfast is a personal choice. I enjoy breakfast and would never give it up. I know others that cannot stand breakfast and generally do not eat breakfast for that reason. Listen to your body, if you are hungry at breakfast then eat, otherwise don't worry about it.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but I end up downright irritable by lunch if I haven't had breakfast. I feel off-kilter a good part of the day, and I end up snacking heavily later. I just can't imagine not having breakfast on a regular basis and having that fuel in my system.
  • badmoose
    badmoose Posts: 25
    Options
    Humans are funny creatures. Ask three of them a yes or no question and you could well get three different answers. And the more invested someone is in their position, the harder they will fight to defend it against any opposing opinions.

The simple fact is that a human being isn't a closed, controlled system. Genetics, environment, diet, activity, and a plethora of other factors vary from one of us to another. There is no one right answer. There are merits to each approach, and evidence (some scientific, some anecdotal) supporting all sides. So what to do?

There's a general rule that applies to not only this situation, but to any decision you might ever need to want to make:
    If what you're doing now is working for you, why change it? And if it's not, why not try something different and see what happens.

You're unique. What works for me or anyone else may not work at all for you. Sometimes you just need to experiment a little and see what suits you best.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    nevermind. not worth it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Humans are funny creatures. Ask three of them a yes or no question and you could well get three different answers. And the more invested someone is in their position, the harder they will fight to defend it against any opposing opinions.

The simple fact is that a human being isn't a closed, controlled system. Genetics, environment, diet, activity, and a plethora of other factors vary from one of us to another. There is no one right answer. There are merits to each approach, and evidence (some scientific, some anecdotal) supporting all sides. So what to do?

There's a general rule that applies to not only this situation, but to any decision you might ever need to want to make:
    If what you're doing now is working for you, why change it? And if it's not, why not try something different and see what happens.

You're unique. What works for me or anyone else may not work at all for you. Sometimes you just need to experiment a little and see what suits you best.

Gotcha, the special snowflake card.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Just read about this, what do you guess think? I am not a breakfast person, I love breakfast foods just not first thing in the morning. I prefer to save my calories for the evening when I am more hungry.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mixed-messages-value-breakfast-110241225.html

So, back to the topic, Lovely, if you aren't hungry until lunch, I'm sure that's OK. Breakfast just means the first meal after a prolonged period of not eating. Your lunch is your breakfast. I don't like stereotypical breakfast foods like bacon and eggs or pancakes and waffles. I eat the same things for breakfast that I eat for lunch and dinner. It all works out in the end. I think you're doing fine. :)