What’s your technique?

Options
Guys, I’m falling off my amazing routine! I’ve been doing so much in the gym between weight lifting and cardio. I’ve been eating really healthy and eating 600-1000 calories less than what I burn a day. I’ve lost 7lbs in a few weeks but now I’ve binge eaten the last couple days (not unhealthy, just a lot) and I’m having a hard time with energy sustainment throughout my day. When you feel the motivation fading, how do you get yourself back into it??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't motivate yourself to starve yourself. Have you had a too large deficit? What's your height and weight, and your calorie intake?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Are you taking regular rest days?

Instead of binging, try a few days of eating at your maintenance calories. That will allow your body to refuel without undoing your hard work. Then get back to it. 1000 calories a day deficit is too steep unless you are very obese. Try a more modest goal of 1 or even .5 lb a week if you are normal weight or close.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Guys, I’m falling off my amazing routine! I’ve been doing so much in the gym between weight lifting and cardio. I’ve been eating really healthy and eating 600-1000 calories less than what I burn a day. I’ve lost 7lbs in a few weeks but now I’ve binge eaten the last couple days (not unhealthy, just a lot) and I’m having a hard time with energy sustainment throughout my day. When you feel the motivation fading, how do you get yourself back into it??

Maybe try eating 500 calories less than what you burn each day.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My technique? Eat as much as possible while still losing at a moderate rate over time. I tried to work in 3 month blocks.

If you’re tired, lack energy, binging, and working hard in the gym, you aren’t eating right to fuel your workout routine. Demanding workouts require proper fuel. Do some research. Eat more. Eat smart.