C25k apps and pandora

Options
I just started the C25K program. On my last training session I was running C25K and Pandora on my phone. For some reason through out the workout one app, would kick off the other. So I was distracted trying to either get my C25K back on or my music. I *cannot* run/walk without some music.

I'm not tech saavy AT ALL. Any suggestions? I'm going out tonight for my 2nd training session and I don't want to be so distracted. Thanks in advance!!! :D

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Find a Couch to 5K podcast with music that you like. http://www.kissmyblackass.org/podcasts/ is one I used a couple of times in like week 1, back when I actually tried C25K. It's mostly hip hop/rap, but it gives you verbal cues for your intervals with music playing throughout. There's a list of podcasts and apps here: http://www.c25k.com/ (scroll down), and Google yields a few more results. I use MapMyRun for my run, and I have no problems using Pandora at the same time, but it's more of a tracing app, I've never explored whether or not I can get it to give me specific timing cues.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    What app were you using? I use RunDouble and Pandora works fine while using it. You can also just put music on your phone and have that playing in the background as well with no troubles.
  • cindy326
    cindy326 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use rundouble and pandora... sometimes i use mapmyrun at the same time too..never had a problem, (knock on wood) :0)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I moved from C10K to Edmondo, and play Pandora with that. I don't recall ever having a problem when running both C10K and Pandora though. Sorry :(
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just use the music on my phone with the C25K app without problems. I will try it with Pandora and see what happens.
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What app were you using? I use RunDouble and Pandora works fine while using it. You can also just put music on your phone and have that playing in the background as well with no troubles.

I was using the C25K app by Zenlabs with Pandora. What's RunDouble?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

It is another app for your phone that has a version of C25K on it.
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

It is another app for your phone that has a version of C25K on it.

I will give it a try! Thanks for the suggestion. :)
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I use Zenlabs C25K Free with IHeartRadio app and have not had any problems.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it with Pandora, but I have used C25K by Zen Labs with the Rock My Run app and the free playlists there. I open C25K and then Rock My Run, start the music, then I switch back to C25K. I haven't had any issues at all.
  • katiefromvermont
    katiefromvermont Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the Zen Labs C25K app with Pandora and you CAN use them simultaneously. However, you do have to make sure that the C25K app is the one "open" on your screen - so, start Pandora and get that going, then open Zen Labs. I don't think Pandora kicks the other one off completely, but I think that unless Zen Labs C25K is the open one on your screen, you won't hear the voice/sound prompts.