Need someone to keep me accountable

Options
Looking for someone to help keep me accountable for my weight. My family says they are supporting me but they are not going through this with me.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why not come to terms with that you're only accountable to yourself, just as you're losing weight for yourself, eating less and moving more, yourself?
  • jbseamus83
    jbseamus83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Tammy. I understand completely. My wife is incredibly supportive, but as far as accountability, it doesn't feel quite right to ask her to be the "gatekeeper" if you know what I mean. Let me know if you need anything.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you have to be accountable for yourself. no one else can make you do anything or hold you accountable. and it will get old people telling you what you did or didnt do. trust me.if you want to do this you have to want to do it.you have to be all in.
  • tammytam72
    tammytam72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Ok everyone guess I must have used the wrong word. "Accountable." No I don't need a babysitter. Looking for someone doing the same journey that we can chat about how the week went, vent about what may have triggered an emotional eating moment. Someone to say hey great job.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    tammytam72 wrote: »
    Ok everyone guess I must have used the wrong word. "Accountable." No I don't need a babysitter. Looking for someone doing the same journey that we can chat about how the week went, vent about what may have triggered an emotional eating moment. Someone to say hey great job.

most of us are here for the same reason you are. theres 100s of threads where you can meet and add new friends. heres several posts about accountability partners that may help you to find some friends to connect with. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=&search=accountability+partner&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to join you on your journey! i've already lost 14 lbs and would like to lose 10 more. I log every day and my diary is open. I feel like having friends on here and logging daily has kept me true and honest to myself. I also used to snack at night, but when I complete my diary after dinner i know i am now DONE! Having friends helps keep me accountable, I mean how weird would that look if I completed my day and then ate more food LOL? Anyways, feel free to add me!
  • tammytam72
    tammytam72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I'd be happy to join you on your journey! i've already lost 14 lbs and would like to lose 10 more. I log every day and my diary is open. I feel like having friends on here and logging daily has kept me true and honest to myself. I also used to snack at night, but when I complete my diary after dinner i know i am now DONE! Having friends helps keep me accountable, I mean how weird would that look if I completed my day and then ate more food LOL? Anyways, feel free to add me!

Thank you. You get it. Lol. I'll try to friend you. I haven't figured it out really yet how to do it. Oh my. Tech issues. Lol

• Stephiesjourney
    Stephiesjourney Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    R I know the feeling, really helps to have others going through the same. I have sent you a request.
  • Layd33di
    Layd33di Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like... EVERYONE here is looking for that backup support! Especially when you know they know what your enduring. We are all on this journey together!