Can’t Reach the Goal

Options
jemarsh32
jemarsh32 Posts: 22 Member
So, I’m back again after some time off. This time around I can’t seem to stay at or below my allowed daily calories. Anyone else having this issue? Any tips?

Replies

• jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's really frustratingly simple. Eat fewer calories. Either smaller portions of what you're eating, or foods that are less calorie-dense. Maybe replace eggs with egg whites? Lighter bread for sandwiches. Make sure you're drinking only calorie free beverages (water). Use lettuce for wraps instead of tortillas. Don't use dressing on salads, instead use a squirt of lemon juice. Just a few examples.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Take a good look at your diet and note the foods with the highest calorie densities that you eat on a regular basis. Reduce those. Even just by 10% can make a huge difference in your overall day. Example: instead of 2 servings of almonds, have 1.5 servings.

Also, incorporate an extra 15 minutes of exercise into your day. Just taking a walk every day will help out.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your food diary - and that scared me. If it reflects your actual intake, you have a serious eating disorder and you need to get professional help ASAP. I think your goal Stop eating anything with sugar and carbs! isn't helping you. Demonizing something you like only makes you want it intensely, and overdo it when you can't control youeself anymore. You need to learn better coping strategies, and to balance your needs and desires. Please take care of yourself, be kind to yourself. There's only one of you and you are important.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jemarsh32 wrote: »
    So, I’m back again after some time off. This time around I can’t seem to stay at or below my allowed daily calories. Anyone else having this issue? Any tips?

try pre logging your food.

i noticed from your diary that you had a calorie goal of 1700 until recently when its changed to 1480. what are your stats?