Is there something wrong with me?

Options
I was in my gym clothes when I ran into a coffee shop today. Some teenagers were gathered and messing around and a few teen boys were staring at me and exchanging whispers. I can't figure out what about me is so hideous. I was wearing a baseball cap and big sunglasses so it couldn't have been my face. Was it my body? Were my clothes too tight for my size? Probably. I don't know what it is that brings me back decades ago to being a teen. I know I have pounds to lose, but I am working on it. I don't know why validation from strangers is important either way. But in a way, it is.

8er4zsy0m1vq.png

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You look absolutely normal and fine. I wouldn’t say fat or ugly or anything. You may just be super self conscious and paranoid others are talking about you. I am the SAME way and I found out 99% of the time they weren’t even referencing me. Don’t let it bother you, you look great. I would say fit. Definitely not too tight.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Maybe it was positive whispers! Teenage boys have hormones raging and you are a woman.
    yes this also so true.
    If you were wearing a cap and big glasses, maybe they were trying to work out if you were a celebrity in hiding
    That’s also what I was going to say maybe they were wondering if they knew you like “hey is that...”
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hey... I am not a teenage boy but.... hubba, hubba! Lol
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm also not a teenage boy, but you are looking good! Most teenage boys, in my experience, are all about the boobies, and you has dem going on in that pic, so I'd guess that's what they were talking about.

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! It’s possible their attention was on something behind you too. Regardless, I wouldn’t let questions of what might have been happening ruin your day. You look good!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I was in my gym clothes when I ran into a coffee shop today. Some teenagers were gathered and messing around and a few teen boys were staring at me and exchanging whispers. I can't figure out what about me is so hideous. I was wearing a baseball cap and big sunglasses so it couldn't have been my face. Was it my body? Were my clothes too tight for my size? Probably. I don't know what it is that brings me back decades ago to being a teen. I know I have pounds to lose, but I am working on it. I don't know why validation from strangers is important either way. But in a way, it is.

8er4zsy0m1vq.png

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you. Hideous. Tight clothing. How you're attired and your looks says - "Mission Fit-tastic."
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm also not a teenage boy, but you are looking good! Most teenage boys, in my experience, are all about the boobies, and you has dem going on in that pic, so I'd guess that's what they were talking about.

Shoot the male secret is out. You could be the milf from American pie. But i agree with other that it wasn't bad talk or they would of been obnoxious
  • nettiklive
    nettiklive Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    yea like others said, given that it was teenage boys, they were probably saying something dirty-minded about your body, lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You're either too sensitive or too self absorbed for your own good, both are completely normal.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    There is nothing in your photo that sticks out in a negative way. You look good.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »
    There is nothing in your photo that sticks out in a negative way. You look good.

The only thing I see sticky out are the aforementioned boobs. Enjoy your run, enjoy your coffee :wink:
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you need to get out of your own head a little. There is nothing you need to feel self conscious about...they were probably talking about some girls or something and didn't want you to hear.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know why validation from strangers is important either way. But in a way, it is.

You look pretty normal. Your clothes are no tighter than they should be for that type.

My experience in life is that people are fairly self absorbed and don't notice us as much as we think they do.
    You don't know that they were talking about you for sure or if they were saying positive or negative things to each other. Your clothes were pretty form fitting in style so maybe they were noticing your butt or breasts. Maybe they were guess the breast size of every female in the coffee shop that day. They are teenage boys so who knows.

Are you looking for external validation a bit too much? Are you projecting your feelings about your body onto other people?
    Were you feeling good before going into the coffee shop or a bit self conscious? Is it unusual for you to wear your gym clothes into stores?