Slimming world calories

Options
Hi

Just here for some opinions really, I’m currently doing MFP, but I have heard good success stories regarding slimming world. My friend showed me her MFP log , as she is following slimming world but likes to log, and she was eating 2,100 Cals a day yet loosing at a fast rate!

Can someone explain how?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,581 Member
    Options
    How old, tall and heavy is she? Maybe she is so overweight that she's losing on 2100kcal. Or she's not logging correctly.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    She's burning more than 2100 calories
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    She was consuming fewer calories than she was burning.

this
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The thing with programs like Slimming World, Weight Watchers, etc, is that they work the same way as any other successful program - by creating a calorie deficit. The thing with just using MFP is that you are totally in control and fully aware of what that calorie deficit is - you can create it with any combination of foods that you find nutritious, satiating, and enjoyable.

Programs like SW and WW don’t teach an individual how to build a long term healthy, calorie appropriate diet. They work because they have pre set options which some people like, but it in turn makes a person dependent on that program for the long term in order to stay successful. It’s like never learning how to ride a bike without training wheels, in my opinion. I would rather learn how to count calories and build a healthy diet for myself that will see me through weight loss and subsequent maintenance and in my opinion, that’s what MFP offers, and it’s free.

As to your friend - it’s really pointless to compare. Time and again we have posts like this where someone is sure that someone else is losing weight eating more cals than they should be able to and the answer is always - they are eating at a calorie level appropriate for THEIR situation and goals and you should do the same.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I lose eating 2400 calories a day when I exercise, it's to do with my stats and activity level. If some of my shorter, lighter, less active friends ate that, they'd gain.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I gained on slimming world.....
    Because as a volume eater I can pack away a whole lot of Thier "free" foods. They told me it was because I didn't eat enough

Now that I'm weighing my food I can see where I was going wrong and trust me I wasn't undereating
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I lose eating 2400 calories a day when I exercise, it's to do with my stats and activity level. If some of my shorter, lighter, less active friends ate that, they'd gain.

*Waves hand* :bigsmile: