Spinning

Options
I have fallen in love with group exercise classes, one of which is spinning.
I am going to get training to be certified next month, so I can teach.
I have been thinking a lot, and was wondering if there are other spinners out
there who would mind helping me out. I want to know music selections that
you love to spin too. i.e favorite song for a climb, or rolling hill, songs that
really pump you up and keep you going. I KNOW music is a big part, I have
been taking classes from as many instructors as I can in preparation to see
how different people do it. One of the major parts for me ,that either makes it
harder, or keeps me going is music choice, so throw them at me PLEASE. Thanks

Replies

• ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't spin but I do Zumba and love it. One of the songs that they play that really gets me at my peak and has me to give my all is Cyndi Lauper (Girls just wanna have fun) It works for me I hope it works for you. Good Luck on your new journey
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love spin, a lot of the instructors do long just techo type songs, just something fast paced (you can keep beat to the music). One spin lady on Wed does like 80's kinda music
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just want to say..
    That spin classes are HARD!
    and Kudos to you for wanting to TEACH them!
    You've inspired me to go and try them again.

As for song choices.. Try DJ Sammy - techno music with words and peak bridges so there's a difference in pace and once the music picks up again it's really encouraging.
    Good luck! :)
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I spin a lot, and I think every instructor has their own style of teaching and music...I like a lot of different stuff, so it's hard to recommend specific songs. That said, my favorite really slow, slow hill climb song is "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva...my instructor loves to do rock songs for hills, and I think that's great! I also really enjoy themed playlists. For example, I've had instructors do latin or easter-themed playlists, and there's even one guy who picks a different artist each week and just does his/her/their songs for that class.

Good luck! I think it's great that you're thinking about the music, b/c that's what gets me through class. Once, the stereo broke and we had to spin without music...and I burnt way fewer calories (per my HRM). So it's important...