Sloooww weightloss...

Options
Hey guys,

So I've been dieting for a total of about a month to 3 weeks now (wow) and I've only lost 2kg...
In pounds.. that's only like 4 pounds..
4 POUNDS in.. a month! -.-

I've heard that it's better you lose it slowly then quickly because then it's easier to maintain, but Come on! 2kg a month is just ridiculous..

I've changed my whole lifestyle and eating soo much better and exercising, yet I don't see a difference in my shape or measurements and have not lost weight.
I'm 19, female about 64kg (145 pounds) and 5'4
Can someone pleeease give me some tips as to why nothing is happening.. and what I can do about it??

I'm going overseas to Europe in 9 weeks and I want to look great and feel comfortable and not worry about if people are looking at me and judging me because I'm fat. lol
I'm at a loose end here. Someone help?

Replies

• cjrss03
    cjrss03 Posts: 22
    Options
    Actually you're about on target really. I've been on MFP since March 11, 2010 (about 18 weeks) and so far I've lost 15.5 pounds. So a pound a week pretty much. That's with working out at least 5-6 days a week. Give yourself time and it'll be worth it. I'm only halfway there and already I'm feeling waaay more confident and sexy. :)
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    im having the same trouble...im 5'3 135lb and i want to lose 15 more...but its been 2 months since i lost anything...i think i need to try something new cause the first 35lb came off way easier...sorry i cant help, but i want to make sure to look back at this post later! :):flowerforyou:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's acutally pretty good. You should be losing one to half a pound a week.

That's perfectly normal and much healthier than losing too quickly. Be patient. You're on the right track.
  • quilinna
    quilinna Posts: 7
    Options
    yur losin the right weight !
    dont complain your doin a good job n dont give up n keep on doin da same =]
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    Remember that you body is in shock with all the changes that you are making. You might start seeing a little bit more of a difference as your body acclimates to the changes that you have made.

The one thing that I learned today is that the scale is not always my friend. I actually gained this past week; however, I am down by a whole size.

Sometimes it is all in how you feel? I know that you said that you didn't see any difference in sizes, but how do you feel? Do you feel better? Do you feel more energized? Just remember that it is not always about the scale and keep it up. You will get where you want to be.:wink:
  • hslobar
    hslobar Posts: 12
    Options
    2 kgs in a month is not ridiculous--it's right on target! Something IS happening! Four pounds in a month is good, steady weight loss at the rate of one pound per week. That is a 500 calorie deficit per day, everyday. It takes 3500 calories burned in excess of consumption to lose one pound, so you can accomplish that in a week. For people about our size (I'm 5'3" and started at 147, now at 136), that's really all we can lose in a healthy way. People who are bigger to start out with have a higher caloric need and burn more for the same activity level, so those with more to lose can handle larger deficits, so the weight appears to come off faster on a lb/wk basis. For me, with the exception of the first week where I inexplicably lost 5 lbs, I have lost 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. I've been at it for 6 weeks now. I know it seems frustratingly slow, but if you keep this up, you'll be down almost 10 more pounds by the time you go on your trip. Good results won't come overnight, but with persistence they will come!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    That seems pretty good for your height and weight. I have A LOT more to lose so it will be easy/healthy for me to drop 2 lbs a week. Check out this article:

http://www.articlesbase.com/fitness-articles/how-much-weight-can-you-lose-in-a-week-531204.html

And read this thread! The closer your are to your goal the less weight you should be trying to lose a week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103155-the-mfp-goals-wizard-and-you-yes-you?hl=yes+you
  • Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, I have 52 pounds to lose altogether and in my first month I've only lost 5 of those. I do feel better in my clothes and I have dropped a pants size but the numbers on my scale are pretty discouraging :( but I plan to hang in there and I hope you'll do the same :)
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your weight losssounds about right. I have been with MFP for almost twenty weeks. Slow is the best way to lose it. Don"t be in a hurry, it will come off, plus you are also losing inches.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I think if you starting weight was a lot higher, then you would lose weight at a faster pace. For example, I started at over 250 lbs and I lost almost 20 lbs in the first month. I was 100 lbs overweight though. The second month I lost about 10 lbs, and every month is decreased. Now I am at the point of being lucky if I lose 1/2 lb a week. My point is since you are really not that overweight the weight will probably come off slower and plus you don't want to lose a lot of weight right away because then you run into problems of loose skin and stuff like that!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I went from losing 10 lbs a month to 5 pounds a month, to 1 lb a month... within 2 months!

Take heart, and keep your head in the game. Remember: people don't see the number on your scale... they see inches coming off your bod!
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    As everyone here has already said, your weight loss so far is actually right about where it should be. 4 pounds in one month is tremendous progress!

I don't know if you're already doing any of these things, but besides doing what you're already doing (because it IS working), here are some things you might try:
    -Strength & interval training--this will help you look much more toned for your vacation if you find something that works for you and is intense (the 30 Day Shred might be a good option for you).
    -Keep track of your measurements and also how your clothes fit. My first month here, I didn't lose any weight, but I lost almost 7 inches. So I was definitely doing something right, and I loved the fact that my clothes felt and looked better on me!
    -Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Especially depending on your sodium levels and how hard you are working out, your body may be retaining some fluid. Drinking lots of water will help to flush that out, and will also reduce bloating.

Keep up the fantastic work! If you keep this up, you could be down 10-15 lbs total by the time you go on vacation! That's nothing to turn your nose up at!:flowerforyou: