Help with TDEE/activity level

Options
I’m switching over to maintenance, or at least working my way up to it, but keep getting wildly different numbers for my TDEE. I think the main issue is I have no idea what to put my activity level as when calculating my TDEE. Aside from excercise 1-2 days a week which I know doesn’t get calculated into my TDEE, I work fast food and am on my feet 25-30 hours a week. My job includes standing, walking around the restaurant and lifting 20lb objects several times a day. When I’m not at work I am very sedentary as I am a full time student and sit while doing homework and studying. I also perform tasks such as grocery shopping/running errands and taking the dog on about 15 minute long walks a few times a week. I am a 22 year old, 121lb, 5’5” female and depending on if I select sedentary it lightly active I get anywhere from about 1400-1800 calories. Anyone with similar stats and/or lifestyle that could maybe share their maintenance calories?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    "Aside from excercise 1-2 days a week which I know doesn’t get calculated into my TDEE"

TDEE does include exercise. The T means total.
    But MyFitnessPal isn't a TDEE estimator.

Why not just manually change your goal calories from where you are now?
    Unless your activity has changed why are you going back to calculated estimates when you have your own data to go on?

Comparisons with other people is a dreadful way to estimate, people's lifestyle, activity, exercise and crucially logging inaccuracy make comparison pointless.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    If you already lost weight, you should have a really good idea of your maintenance calories based on the data you collected with your weight loss. Just use that.