Coach?

Options
I am looking for someone to help me with daily accountability and general support for binge eating. Does anyone have leads for someone who may help with this on MFP? I don’t have anyone in my general geographical area who I feel fits this.

Replies

• marine805
    marine805 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do they half to be there. Just hop on this app or forum thing and I'm sure there are people who will do a virtual check up on you every day. Get a buddy and have accountability checks via the app
  • kaifawn
    kaifawn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They don’t have to be near me, no, but I need more support than just an accountability buddy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Coaches generally don't work for free - even online coaches. If they do, they're either brand new coaches trying to get their feet wet and build a following, or they're hacks who shouldn't be calling themselves "coaches" in the first place.

Binge eating is a psychological issue and no coach worth their salt will touch that with a ten foot pole, other than to maybe offer some general suggestions. That's outside the scope of a coach's training unless he's also trained as a psychologist/therapist.
  • kaifawn
    kaifawn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @AnvilHead thanks, however I never specified nor expected free. Apologies that my use of the word “coach” was misleading. I expect to pay in accordance with qualifications and am in therapy in addition to needing someone who can help me nutritionally while still having that background.

Please remember, I did ask for help. I’ve dealt with this issue for 20 years and was successful in losing 110 pounds and keeping it off for 7 years. Today I find myself in a 4-month backslide. Someone feeling the way I am may be prone to take a post like yours sensitively and become discouraged. Let’s remember there’s a person on the other side of that screen.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Half Size Me podcast. I believe she also has coaching services. I would suggest you listen to her podcast a few times to see if she is a good fit before reaching out to her. I don’t know her rates. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    kaifawn wrote: »
    I am looking for someone to help me with daily accountability and general support for binge eating. Does anyone have leads for someone who may help with this on MFP? I don’t have anyone in my general geographical area who I feel fits this.

Hey I run a private group where we check in daily, you are more than welcome to join!
    PM me, add me as a friend for more info!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you potentially need someone who specializes in cognitive therapy for treating eating disorders - this isn't a service that MFP offers and i'd be cautious of any random person offering support groups