How to get back on track?

Options
Its been around 2 months since i decided to start AGAIN. The first month went great and i lost 7 pounds. The second month however i went over my calories almost every single day. And i didnt want to check whether i gained all that weight back or just maintained it. I was too scared to do so! I started july thinking i got it, but i still havent and idk why i cant seem to stick to it.
Any motivation or advice as to what i should do?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Were you perhaps aiming for a too aggressive (weekly weighloss) goal? What's your height and current weight?
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Were you eating enough that first month? If you felt super hungry at that time, maybe it badly impacted your motivation for the 2nd month even though you lost a good deal of weight?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    What helps me is to log my food. Even if I have a cookie.... (cookies are not evil!) Even if I go over my calorie target. The good, the bad, it all gets logged. Consistently logging is the key for me.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Just start logging again. Pick a reasonable goal, make small incremental changes, and be patient with yourself. Most people aren't going to stick with their calorie goal every day, and it's not realistic to expect to lose 2 lbs per week. All or nothing is rarely successful, so set small goals and be proud of slow progress with bumps in the road :smile: