What should I avoid?

Options
sexymom04
sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
I am trying to lose some weight and am trying to eat better and healthier. I will also start some weight training, but right now my gym is in my garage and at 104 degrees out there, I'm not taking a chance of passing out. Therefore I ma using the treadmill and doing 2 miles a day. So what are some things that I should avoid in my diet? I know fruits and veggies are a must, as well as protein, protein and protein. I am working hard at this and don't want to screw it up eating the wrong foods, and undoing all the hard work by eating the wrong things.

Thank you so much for the help.

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    The post above is a bit harsh but not wrong... There is nothing you "must" avoid. Eat within your calories; ideally eat within your macros too but otherwise eat whatever you want/what you feel is best for you. If you have an illness, of course avoid what your doc tells you to avoid, otherwise do whatever. I eat everything as long as it fits my calorie goals (and I try to hit my macros too even if it's a bit harder) but I don't eat meat only for personal reasons and not for weightloss. Hope that helps :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    That's it, till you discover differently, everything in moderation. (Its only different if one develops some background health problem, then when its rectified, its back to all things in moderation) Its realising how much of everything your body needs to live the life you want, which is the ultimate answer. All the very best.
  • LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Shut the garage door and do it in the buff or very minimal clothing.

But if you must avoid at all costs, I would add a lot of quinoa and black beans to the daily ration of food.
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

But if you must avoid at all costs, I would add a lot of quinoa and black beans to the daily ration of food.

Lol I’m sure my husband would love that

• lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My advice is to eat whatever you want as long as you can fit it in your daily calorie goal. Of course focusing on healthy lower calorie foods is important, but don't deny yourself your favorite 'junk' foods. Have them occasionally if you can fit them in (I save mine for the end of the day to make sure I have room for them). It will make losing weight a lot easier than cutting out whole food groups will.

Also, try to avoid sugary drinks. They make your calories (and sugar limit) add up quick. Stick mostly to water if you can. Like someone else said, I keep major trigger foods out of the house most of the time (that's Coca Cola and ice cream for me), but I still keep chips and dark chocolate around for when I need something salty or sweet.
  • LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »

Lol I’m sure my husband would love that
    What better way to spice up!
  • cactusnbubbles
    cactusnbubbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First let me see good luck on your journey. I have study nutrition and I teach nutrition and cooking to elementary school children. I also have struggled with my own weight for many years and I have studied many different types of diets. Now this is my opinion only what I am about to say. First of all it's important to know your body everyone has a different body and responds differently to different foods. I believe in eating a balanced diet eating mostly clean, avoiding processed foods, and avoiding added sugars. Added sugar comes in many different forms. Especially in sweetened beverages such as soda and juices. I don't believe in fad diets I don't believe cutting out fruits which some people will say, I don't believe in cutting out carbs as our brain needs carbs function healthy carbs is what you focus on. Again listen to your own body.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Don't eat anything you're allergic to. Don't eat over your maintenance calories.

That's pretty much it.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    I am trying to lose some weight and am trying to eat better and healthier. I will also start some weight training, but right now my gym is in my garage and at 104 degrees out there, I'm not taking a chance of passing out. Therefore I ma using the treadmill and doing 2 miles a day. So what are some things that I should avoid in my diet? I know fruits and veggies are a must, as well as protein, protein and protein. I am working hard at this and don't want to screw it up eating the wrong foods, and undoing all the hard work by eating the wrong things.

Thank you so much for the help.

Avoid eating over you calorie limit. Thats it.

You forgot one thing: anything that you have an allergy to should also be avoided.