I am in here to try to comply for barbaric surgery to loose weight.
I am having the bypass, along with the repair of haitial hernia.
Current wt. 265 Height used to be 5 11" now from crumbling arthritic spine 5 9"
My Dr. is Allison I live in Florida. I am married have a wonderful husband. We are age 63
Have a 5yr. old Lovely golden retriever and cat. :)

Replies

• LosinIt54
    LosinIt54 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi. I am 64 and just lost over 50 pounds since February of this year using MFP. This app makes it extremely easy to track everything you eat.
    May I make a few suggestions?
    1. Get yourself a good food scale. At least one that will measure grams and ounces.
    2. Weigh EVERYTHING then log it before you put it in your mouth.
    3. Pre-log your meals at least 3 days in advance so you’ll know what you have to do to.
    4. Know what your recommended daily calorie levels need to be. Don’t let them tangle you up with their legal disclaimers. You can eat healthy on very few calories. Do the math yourself. It isn’t hard. If you want, friend me and I’ll be happy to walk you through it.
    5. Buy lots of lean (93/7) ground turkey, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lean pork, eggs and salad vegetables.
    6. Drink a LOT of water (48-64 oz per day).
    if you do the math and are honest with yourself about what you eat, you can’t help but lose weight and get healthier.
    Good Luck.
  • LosinIt54
    LosinIt54 Posts: 37 Member
    And did I mention that I didn’t lose a pound for the first 3 weeks? Yes, it takes a LOT of determination and consistency.
  • Polywoggs
    Polywoggs Posts: 33 Member
    Hi there! I'm 44. Used to be athletic (I still try). Military veteran. Hard-working, sole-parent to a teenage athlete & senior-rescued, pup. Pacific Islander descent and "Consciously, uncoupled" (-that's my favorite one!).
    Keeping my weight in check was always hard- after I turned 40- a little, harder. Sprinkle-in some cervical/thoracic stenosis/spondylosis/DDD & vast amount of prescription painkillers that cause weight-gain... well, the struggle is REAL. At this point, Stretching is a feat & I'd just like to be Healthy.
    ...I look forward to reading more of your posts...