Bloating from accelerated workout program

Options
So I started a new program at the beginning of this week

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/muscle-and-strength-womens-workout

As you can see its pretty hard on the legs. Now I'm not complaining! I love leaving my gym shaky and covered in sweat! it actually makes me more productive for the day and I eat WAY better when I work harder because I feel like I am actually working for something.

But I am holding SO MUCH water now. I feel So puffy, and bloated. I'm almost 98% sure its from the initial shock of the workout.

which is fine.
But does anyone have any advice on how to reduce this bloat at all? Its just uncomfortable.

Replies

• nstott1
    nstott1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Drink more water.. not being well enough hydrated can make you retain water
    and more water is always good for you!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    there is nothing you can really do to speed it up
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Take Gas-X and drink plenty of water?
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Elderberry tea fennel tea or lemon grass tea all are diuretic which will help flush out excess water worked for me after my legs were so swollen I couldn't even get my jeans on :(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Wait it out and work it out. Drink water, be patient, do the next session when it's scheduled. It will subside eventually.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If it's your muscles, they need the water to make repairs, so flushing it isn't a good idea. It will sort itself out in time.
  • Bann554
    Bann554 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Water. You may need to increase potassium. Choose an electrolyte water which contains potassium! Check the foods you're eating. Being on a diet doesn't keep mean you won't have food issues. The food you are eating could be causing the issue. Also, changing to a new way of eating can take time for your body to adjust. If your eating more fiber, and not balancing it out with more liquid, that can also do.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    What @rheddmobile said.

It's extremely important to understand what's normal (and healthy) and what's not. Retaining fluid for muscle repair is your body doing what it is supposed to do. Finding ways to counteract that is counter productive. Patience is key in all of this - especially with respect to fluid fluctuations. New workout routines always do this.
  • CristinaAnne03
    CristinaAnne03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much @Silentpadna
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What @rheddmobile said.

It's extremely important to understand what's normal (and healthy) and what's not. Retaining fluid for muscle repair is your body doing what it is supposed to do. Finding ways to counteract that is counter productive. Patience is key in all of this - especially with respect to fluid fluctuations. New workout routines always do this.

Totally agree. It's just water weight not fat. Forget the number on the scale for a week or 2. Stay on dietary plan and adapt to the new workout.