JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 46

Options

Replies

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options

@tiabirdie56 I typed this once and seem to have lost it so hope I’m not repeating myself. I am also skinny-fat, the result of not going to the GYM in over 6 years and finding our “fitness room” seriously lacking and re-losing over 40 pounds. I need to not be so lazy and get my rear out the door and up the road to a REAL gym! Having said that, does anyone have experience with Planet Fitness? My daughter and another friend seem to like it and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. (Retired and limited income, you know.)

@quiltingjaine Are you eligible for Silver Sneakers? I belong to the Y for the pool and another local gym for weights and classes, all free with Silver Sneakers through Medicare.

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,819 Member
    Options
    @Shexio Thanks for the info. I have several BB dvd sets but have to modify them pretty drastically because of physical issues. I used to go to Gold’s and like the machines because they are so readily adjustable.

@marcvb35 Kudos for doing what you’re doing. As someone who has had a weight issue for 60 years (wow, I hated to write that! :) ) I can honestly say that doing it at your age is easier than waiting to do it. I hope I didn’t come off as lecturing. I just want to share some of the things I have learned over time.

@SheilaBoneham I honestly don’t know. There is one program through the rec district here but it isn’t the program covered by our retirement association. I didn’t realize Medicare provided that. I’ll have to check into that! Thank you.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @puttyputty I use to have the same issues with diet coke. I finally kicked it when I found alternative waters. Vitamin water, for those days where water seems too bland and carbonated water for the fizz. Carbonated water also comes in flavors, my favorite is peach.
    Just keep with it!!!! You won't miss it once it's kicked!!
    Good luck and great job on the loss
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    @puttyputty I use to have the same issues with diet coke. I finally kicked it when I found alternative waters. Vitamin water, for those days where water seems too bland and carbonated water for the fizz. Carbonated water also comes in flavors, my favorite is peach.
    Just keep with it!!!! You won't miss it once it's kicked!!
    Good luck and great job on the loss

Thank you, @abowersgirl!