Fitbit daily goals vs mfp

Options
I am 5'2, 27 year old female, I am 198lb (started at 206 about 3 weeks ago). I have fitbit and mfp set to losing 2lb a week and I am getting different daily goals. Mfp says 1500 and Fitbit says 1750. I am not eating back exercise calories.

Some days I am satisfied on 1300 calories, sometimes I feel like I'm starving on 1500. I have not eaten to 1700 at this point.

On a normal day I have 9000-10000 steps, on an exercise day (for sure 3 days a week) I am averaging 15000-18000 depending on what I'm doing. Fitbit generally says I'm burning about 400 calories for my 45m workouts those days.

Thoughts on how much I should actually be eating? Or since I am losing just keep on how I have been?

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    As for eating back exercise calories- I have a fitbit as well- BUT i only eat back about half of what it says that I burn so I can see a loss-
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You should be eating 1500 plus at least a portion of your Fitbit adjustment
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

So today for example, you would say eat the 1500 plus maybe 200 extra to account for my exercise? My fitbit said 400 cals but who knows how accurate that is.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    brottlund wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

So today for example, you would say eat the 1500 plus maybe 200 extra to account for my exercise? My fitbit said 400 cals but who knows how accurate that is.

Start with that, then look at your results over the next 4-6 weeks (at least one full menstrual cycle) before you adjust how much you eat back. Many people can eat 100% of those calories back.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    cebreisch wrote: »
    Unless you’re doing something like P90X or preparing for running a marathon, don’t eat your calories back. If you do, be extra careful about what you eat.

Second - pick one. Fitbit or MFP....not both. They both calculate their numbers differently, and that’s why you’re getting different numbers. If you go to WW youll get different numbers than Jenny Craig, than NutriSystem, than Atkins, than South Beach.

if shes using MFP for her calorie goals then the way MFP is set up she is supposed to eat some exercise calories back, MFP includes your deficit WITHOUT purposeful exercise. any exercise causes a bigger deficit which for some may not be a good idea.MFP uses the NEAT method fitbit goes by the TDEE method which TDEE includes exercise calories