Protein????

Options
Why is there no protein nutrition listed in some of my foods even though the food manufacturer states there are?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The MFP database allows for user entries. The only required entry is the total number of calories. Most reliable are the USDA entries and most of the green leaf entries are good.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Food database is crowd-sourced.

People enter things the way they want.

Enter your own or edit existing ones. Once you use an entry it will be in your Recents list on the Add Food list.
  • diligentshopper
    diligentshopper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. How do I add the correct protein myself please
  • diligentshopper
    diligentshopper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've managed by using the desk too site. Thanks so much I can get more accuracy with my nutrients now.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You can create your own food with the correct information or on the desktop site look the food up in the database. (not in your diary.) *Some* of the foods have an "EDIT" button. If you edit it will be saved under "Your Foods".

bf8j4jg1qprh.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I've managed by using the desk too site. Thanks so much I can get more accuracy with my nutrients now.

I very much prefer the website for both logging and using the forums. I find it more user friendly than the app, but then I'm stubborn and stuck in my ways, and I don't know much about these young kids and their apps now-a-days. :laugh:

Glad you figured it out.