MFP Friends aren’t very supportive :(

Options
I have been a beast in the kitchen. And a result of that is I’ve been rapidly losing weight. In 6 weeks I have dropped 25 additional pounds. I have never been as dedicated as I am now. But here’s the issue; my fitness pal friends haven’t been very supportive or encouraging. I’m not doing this for like or words of encouragement but it sure would feel nice if I got a like or a good job. I finally hit my 80 pound weight loss and I got 1 like :(. If you’re in the same boat as me send me a friend request and we can support and encourage each other. By the way good luck on your journey’s. Cheers to the healthy life!!!

Replies

• ErinBoeker
    ErinBoeker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my journey, and 80lb seems impossible! Hell... 20 seems impossible! Your are very inspiring! Please keep it up!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Wow, WTG!

I am not very good at responding. I think things, like that is awesome, but I don't type. You probably don't want me as a friend but I wanted to congratulate you on your progress
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Wow, WTG!

I am not very good at responding. I think things, like that is awesome, but I don't type. You probably don't want me as a friend but I wanted to congratulate you on your progress

Thank you! And I bet you would be a awesome friend :)
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    ErinBoeker wrote: »
    I am just starting my journey, and 80lb seems impossible! Hell... 20 seems impossible! Your are very inspiring! Please keep it up!

Thank you! I will keep it up. I’m tired of starting over.
  • IAmWonderWomanTo7
    IAmWonderWomanTo7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I know the feels. I get absolutely little no love on my FB so when I joined this I thought being everyone is on the same journey of living a healthy lifestyle and yet I have 3 committed friends out of like 150 or so. They are the best tho. But I feel you, so let me support you in any way I can. It is nice to be encouraged.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Wow 80 lbs that is awesome!!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    80 overall pounds and 25 in 6 weeks - you are awesome!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That’s a great accomplishment! I just gave you a like :wink:
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    Oh honey I know the feels. I get absolutely little no love on my FB so when I joined this I thought being everyone is on the same journey of living a healthy lifestyle and yet I have 3 committed friends out of like 150 or so. They are the best tho. But I feel you, so let me support you in any way I can. It is nice to be encouraged.

Thank you! And good luck on your journey!
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    80 overall pounds and 25 in 6 weeks - you are awesome!

Thank you :)
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    Well done!! That’s a great accomplishment! I just gave you a like :wink:

LoL! Thank you 😁
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Some folks just aren't terribly responsive. They may be cheering quietly! I like to friend people in the forums whose sense of humor is awesome or who seem to build people up in a regular basis.
    The last time I was on mfp, I would go through my friends list after a while and cull the ones who weren't active. Sounds kind of harsh, but the whole point of having friends in this app is to have a strong support system.

That said- I was sick for a few days and didn't do much more than hit the like button in everyone's achievements.
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    mamasara2 wrote: »
    You're doing great! Some folks just aren't terribly responsive. They may be cheering quietly! I like to friend people in the forums whose sense of humor is awesome or who seem to build people up in a regular basis.
    The last time I was on mfp, I would go through my friends list after a while and cull the ones who weren't active. Sounds kind of harsh, but the whole point of having friends in this app is to have a strong support system.

That said- I was sick for a few days and didn't do much more than hit the like button in everyone's achievements.

Thank you! I agree about the friend list thing. They are supposed to be there for support and encouragement. I hope you’re feeling better now.
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My MFP group is pretty small and of that small group, very few make comments regularly. That said, the additional support is nice but I find so many other reasons to be committed - good health, general fitness, feeling amazing, etc. Sometimes our most significant reinforcement is internal mainly because we know ourselves better than anyone. For the record, I’ve lost 190lbs and to me it’s the BIGGEST deal ever. That being said, I realize that not everyone will see it that way. I’m good with that. External support is great; the internal kind is pure catharsis.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 80 pounds is a big deal!!❤️
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Go you! That is fabulous! I'm not quite sure how to send you a friend request - if I don't manage it, please send me one, I'd love to connect.

I recently posted something similar about lacking real-world appreciation for my success so far, and people were great about chiming in. I bet they will for you, too! I think it's super that you're asking for what you need, and I'd gladly cheer you on.
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work- and not just your weight loss, but for your children and your degree! I'm sorry you aren't getting the support you need. Do you consider positive feedback and attention to be your favored "love language" - your preferred method of being shown appreciation, validation, and affection? If so, and you don't let people know that outright, you should try to do so. Sometimes folks need informed or reminded!

I try to leave likes and comments each day when I see a goal is hit. If you want, check out my profile and see if you think you'd want me on your friends' list. :-)
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!