Work from home so in need of friends.

Options
Iffiormana
Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
Hey all I’m a pharmacist and doing a research paper,I stay most of the time at home.Some days I go to labs but all my friends are graduate and I need friends to whom I can talk about my weight loss journey and my hectic routine.
I made some really nice friends here in the pst 23days and loosing weight with great pace too.
I walk 10K steps daily and eat 1400calories.
Cheers xx

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hey friend! I didn't know you worked from home too. You're doing so great, keep it up! :)
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I work from home too ladies! Getting some fitness in and be quite troublesome.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Half my week is spent working from home, the rest from the office. Feel free to add me :)
  • Iffiormana
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Hey friend! I didn't know you worked from home too. You're doing so great, keep it up! :)
    You are such a motivation my friend and I’m so happy to have you follow here.
  • Iffiormana
    Options
    Half my week is spent working from home, the rest from the office. Feel free to add me :)
    What do you do? Added you love :)
  • Iffiormana
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    I work from home too ladies! Getting some fitness in and be quite troublesome.
    Exactly just staying at home and without any adult’s exposure it’s so hard to sneak in some time to get fit.

• deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I can work from home about 40% of my workweek. Looking for friends for support! Feel free to add!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Iffiormana wrote: »
    What do you do? Added you love :)

I am an executive assistant in a global consulting company :) they let us work from home two days a week then come to the office for the rest of the weekdays, it's not bad. Thanks for the add!
  • unbdivable
    unbdivable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working from home for last 5 years has ruined my body! Could use some support and tips. Just starting my weight loss journey.
  • Iffiormana
    Options
    Adding you all :)
  • LadyWolf140
    LadyWolf140 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too, work from home and would like to have some friends to help me with my weight loss journey. Have a great day everyone!
  • galengower
    galengower Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends!
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't work from home but am a student in college, round 2 (different degree). I'm in the hospital 5 days a week this summer which has kept me motivated...come fall it'll be only 3 days a week. I struggle when I'm not forced to be active. Feel free to add me
  • chazman062
    chazman062 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy to support you on your journey! :)
  • Iffiormana
    Options
    Adding you all :)
  • Cycling_Canuck
    Cycling_Canuck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to support as well!!!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Iffiormana wrote: »
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    You are such a motivation my friend and I’m so happy to have you follow here.

How kind you are! Thank you! :):)

Does anyone want to share any tips that has worked for you while losing/maintaining your weight while working from home?

For me, my kitchen is right next to my home office. I gained a lot of weight snacking and drinking calories during the work day before I started paying attention to what I was eating. I find not keeping treats and snacky things in the house works well. Also I don't drink calories often.

Also I do small bursts of exercise during the work day. Just enough that I get circulation and my heart pumping, but not so much that I sweat. I'll do activities like jogging in place for 5 minutes, do 25 push ups and squats, do 10 minutes of resistance band work, jump rope for 5 minutes or do a 15 minute - one mile walk at home workout. The exercise really does adds up.