True weight

Options
ssss6813
ssss6813 Posts: 74 Member
Weight fluctuations during day. Seemingly your weight can change significantly in a day. how can you tell what your actual weight is. All points towards morning weight, is this factual

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Moon weight is the true one

Full moon only or...?
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    ssss6813 wrote: »
    Weight fluctuations during day. Seemingly your weight can change significantly in a day. how can you tell what your actual weight is. All points towards morning weight, is this factual

not sure about the "true" weight but to see your global loss weight just pick a time to weigh yourself and stick to it. Most people choose morning before eating/drinking so food or liquids don't have a big/fluctuating impact. Up to you.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options

not sure about the "true" weight but to see your global loss weight just pick a time to weigh yourself and stick to it. Most people choose morning before eating/drinking so food or liquids don't have a big/fluctuating impact. Up to you.

This is what was suggested to me by another member as well. He also suggested to do it after your “morning business” his words not mine. Same day every week.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

This is what was suggested to me by another member as well. He also suggested to do it after your “morning business” his words not mine. Same day every week.

agreed, yes.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates up to 6lbs depending on the reason. I don’t worry about it anymore. I figure my true weight is the weight that I am on the majority of days.

True...and this may be a cliche...but go by how your clothes fit...
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates up to 6lbs depending on the reason. I don’t worry about it anymore. I figure my true weight is the weight that I am on the majority of days.

Well that just made my day. I always feel so disheartened when I hop on and I’m like 5 pounds more. I need to stop weighing myself at irregular times. It’s just making me neurotic.
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning after exercise and shower but before breakfast. I can fluctuate as much as 5lbs between morning and before bed.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Well that just made my day. I always feel so disheartened when I hop on and I’m like 5 pounds more. I need to stop weighing myself at irregular times. It’s just making me neurotic.

first thing in the am after you use the bathroom either naked or in your undies. and everyday would be better and using a trending weight app to keep track. if you weigh once a week you could hit a time where your weight is higher due to water retention ,TOM,etc.weight can fluctuate hour to hour,day to day. its normal for weight to fluctuate. but all in all you want to look for a downward trend in weight.

weight is also not one static number its a range. so that range can be up to 5 lbs or maybe a little more depending on the person. for me its can be 8lbs as I take meds that cause me to retain water for longer periods of time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Moon weight is the true one

are those moon rocks in your pocke....

wait

those aren't rocks, are they?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I go with whatever my trend weight average says it is. But in the end I don't really care as long as it is moving in the direction I want it to and I am seeing the physique benefits
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    The doctor weighs you full clothed and with a full belly. That is the doctor's official weight for you. (They don't care about your clothing, your keys or your cell phone.)
    I weigh myself in the morning, after I go to the bathroom and before I eat or drink. That is my official weight for me.

I went to the doctor first thing in the morning after breakfast and was dressed for the day. I was "officially" charted seven pounds heavier on the doctor's scale than on my scale at home.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    The doctor weighs you full clothed and with a full belly. That is the doctor's official weight for you. (They don't care about your clothing, your keys or your cell phone.)
    I weigh myself in the morning, after I go to the bathroom and before I eat or drink. That is my official weight for me.

I went to the doctor first thing in the morning after breakfast and was dressed for the day. I was "officially" charted seven pounds heavier on the doctor's scale than on my scale at home.

yeah because of the clothes and food you ingested that wasnt digested yet. it will add weight. they used to make you take shoes and most things off. not anymore
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    My doctor's scale is almost 10 lbs heavier than my scale and my mom's scale. I think my morning weight is more accurate.
  • Jixil
    Jixil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pick a time of day to weigh yourself and stick to it. Weigh yourself every day and find what your weekly average is at the end of the week. The longer you track, the more accurate.