Physio-type question

Options
PB4Lyfe
PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
So I’ve been suffering from low back pain for a while now.. no real concrete answer as to what’s wrong, but one prospect that I think is pretty plausible is that the problem is with my deficient core muscles.

So anyway, I was doing some skipping just now and by about 600 I noticed an achey pain in my low abdomen, particularly on the right side. Now that I think about it, I’ve noticed this before, but have always just assumed that it’s ‘jiggly pain’.

Do you reckon it’s actually my lazy arsed muscles being forced to work?

Replies

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I get that when I jog but I would get it checked out by a Dr. if it doesn't soon leave or happened often. Ice on your lower back is amazing
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Could it be this?

Side stitch when exercising
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    A weak core can contribute to back pain. The key is to gradually build up your total body strength including core. It won't happen overnight or even in a month. One of the hardest and most important fitness skills is learning how to pace yourself and modify to suit your abilities.
  • PB4Lyfe
    PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
    Options

No, it’s not a stitch.
    lorrpb wrote: »
    A weak core can contribute to back pain. The key is to gradually build up your total body strength including core. It won't happen overnight or even in a month. One of the hardest and most important fitness skills is learning how to pace yourself and modify to suit your abilities.

I’ve been training at least three times a week for over 4 years now, so I’m sadly aware that nothing happens overnight except DOMS. I’m trying really hard to bring my core strength up to the pretty good standard of the rest of my body, but core is a tricky beast! It took me a really long time to even work out what ‘tightening my core’ meant.

I stand for hours at work and I’m one of those people who’s default standing position is locked hips and knees, exaggerated spinal curves. I have a lot of habits to change!
    Ice on your lower back is amazing

I know, but why does it have to be so cold??