Gluten from the looks of it

Didn't realize gluten was dirty.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm confused. What makes this clean?
  • LadyClaire86
    LadyClaire86 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2018
    I got this off a gallbladder diet page. So i suppose its safe for people with no gallbladder or gallstones to eat. As i know too well some food can play your gallbladder up and cause really bad pain.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I got this off a gallbladder diet page. So i suppose its safe for people with no gallbladder or gallstones to eat. As i know too well some food can play your gallbladder up and cause really bad pain.

Have you tried to make it? It seems void of the necessary things to make successful baking... It would be basically a big version of "banana pancakes".
  • vvake
    vvake Posts: 11 Member

Have you tried to make it? It seems void of the necessary things to make successful baking... It would be basically a big version of "banana pancakes".

I’ve made a banana breakfast cookie that has these same ingredients. It doesn’t rise that much of course but the instant oats do cook and fluff it up slightly. It’s definitely on the dense side but it works!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I dunno it doesn’t seem very banana bread-y to me...
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    z44nhour8w6z.jpg

Thank you, Ladyclaire86 :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I would call that baked banana oatmeal.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    @LadyClaire86 Add choco chips if ya feelin' dirty. Clean and Dirty Eating. Clean or Dirty is assigning moral judgment to foods. Does it matter? It does if you ever want to get out of the All or Nothing, Good or Bad, Clean or Dirty, Naughty or Nice cycles with food. It matters.

All baked goods share 3 ingredients. It doesn't matter what the formation may look like or how many recipes. The baking trifecta = Flour, Fat and Sugar. What makes this 'clean' is no fat, no white sugar and no flour. No fat would make it w/o gallbladder friendly. No flour makes it gluten free.

Gluten-full baked goods are dirty. But here's the thing, most gluten allergies are self-diagnosed without any actual medical tests to prove it. The percentages of those who have a real gluten allergy are quite small when stacked against the self-diagosed allergy or food sensitivity.