Calculating weekly goals!

Options
I want to start focusing on my weekly calorie count. This may be a dumb question, but how do people calculate the number? Obviously I did 7 x 1,760 (daily calorie goal) but how do you then figure out the calories you can eat for the remainder of the week after going over Saturday & sunday? Also, should I start my “week” on Monday if I tend to eat more on the weekends or start Friday?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Take the amount of calories you ate on Saturday and Sunday, subtract that from your weekly total (the 7x1760), then divide by 5 (the remaining days in the week) to get a daily average.

It might be easier for you to start your week on the weekend so you know how much to eat for the week rather than banking calories during the week and hoping you have enough for the weekend.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Subtract calories consumed on Saturday & Sunday from the number you got when you multiplied your daily calorie goal by 7. Divide the result by 5. That's how much you can eat per day for the remaining 5 days and still hit your weekly goal. If it's below 1200, you need to rethink how much you're eating on the weekend or how fast you're trying to lose.

Start your week on whatever day works best for you. I start my week on Saturday because I do my weigh-in on Saturday morning before I've eaten anything.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I want to start focusing on my weekly calorie count. This may be a dumb question, but how do people calculate the number? Obviously I did 7 x 1,760 (daily calorie goal) but how do you then figure out the calories you can eat for the remainder of the week after going over Saturday & sunday? Also, should I start my “week” on Monday if I tend to eat more on the weekends or start Friday?

I just look on the app and aim to be 100-200 cals under goal Monday to Thursday so I can eat more at the weekend.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Not a dumb question at all. I was just under the impression that there was a setting somewhere to switch from daily to weekly. Lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Not a dumb question at all. I was just under the impression that there was a setting somewhere to switch from daily to weekly. Lol

There is
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I start my week on Monday and tend to eat high on Saturday’s. I use the app’s weekly nutrition bar graph thing to make sure my net calories for the week are at my goal. The actual number of calories I eat varies drastically from week to week based on exercise, so I just watch my net calories. No fancy math needed.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

I just look on the app and aim to be 100-200 cals under goal Monday to Thursday so I can eat more at the weekend.

Basically I do this too.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you click the nutrition button at the bottom, you can toggle between day or week views.