Weightloss and Divorce

Hey All,

THAT talk happened, this weekend, so now it leaves me in preperation mode for all of the stuff that will happen in the future. I wanted to see if anyone else has tried taking on a weight loss mission when the unexpected happens in a marriage. What tips you may have, how to stay focused, etc. Any tips you can throw towards a struggling guy, I would appreciate.

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Been there. Weight loss came after breaking up with fiance (caught him in bed with a now ex friend), so not marriage, but at that point we had been living together for 4 years.

1) That was the fastest fat 280lbs loss ever.
    2) I used the anger and frustration as fuel. I seriously worked out so hard to help me get through the bad days. Me, my music and the gym equipment that I took all my frustrations out on.
    3) Change is hard, and scary. That includes everything from relationships to jobs to losing weight. It does get better over time.
    4) Focus on yourself. Sometimes it will be hard, sometimes you'll want to just quit. Don't, just take a breather and refocus your attention on yourself.

It will be okay. Make yourself a priority. "If you're going through hell, keep going".
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Nine years ago my mom told me that everyone feels fat, stupid, and ugly when going through a divorce. So I worked hard to counteract that by losing weight, taking French lessons, and learning how to dress and put in make up and do my hair.
    I ended up losing between 30-40lbs in three months. A lot of that was stress related. But I found walking and running to be super helpful so they contributed. As well as a total overhaul in my diet at the time. I did a total switch on eating habits- raw vegan. The food was good but not always sustainable.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. The unknown portion is the worst. Sending lots of love your way.