Growing Tired of WW Freestyle

Can anyone relate? I am growing tired of counting pts..and by the time I get happy with one point system they change the plan. I loved Beyond the Scale. I lost weight on Freestyle but it's too restrictive. I feel penalized for eating anything besides chicken, turkey, or eggs. Lol
Im trying to follow the previous plan but I've lost my footing. I'm going to double track for now and eventually just calorie count. I know calories don't really change.. lol I've lost weight calorie counting, WW, Atkins..you name it..It's been a long journey!.
I would love to add others WW members/former members who are feeling the same way. ♡ Take Care♡

Replies

• meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    I am a lifetime member who still goes to meeting for accountability but do not care for freestyle. There is no way to know how many calories you are taking in since there are so many zero point foods. You should check out the facebook group "Return to 30 Lifestyle (The plan that works). It may help you.
  • 44Carol44
    44Carol44 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I’m also a WW member, and have only just joined it again after losing on the old plan, but then having to come off it for personal reasons, where I managed to put all the weight I’d lost back on! I’ve been on the new programme now for nearly 4 weeks, and though I have lost on it, I’m not sure if it’s as much as I would have on the old plan?
    Only came onto this app as someone in the WW “connect” page mentioned it. I think I’ll continue WW as I’ve signed up for 6 months, but it’s also good to have something like this to compare with, and maybe eventually cancel WW and stick to this.
  • rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    I go to WW for the weigh ins, and to be able to say to people (read: my family) "hey, I'm on WW I can't go out for chinese food 3x a week". The zero point foods are largely what I eat anyways, so it felt like I wasn't tracking at all. I learned about myfitnesspal from people on connect and I love the relative predictability of the results. WW freestyle is really terrific however for people with unhealthy eating habits and those far from their goal weights.
  • canuck_OHS
    canuck_OHS Posts: 23 Member
    Raising my hand over here!! I did one year on Beyond the Scale and lost steadily. Even went on some huge vacations and just ate and enjoyed - in one year I was down 40lbs with 20 to go. And then they switched to Freestyle. I hate it. I gave it an honest try and it doesn’t work. I was over points every single day. Then eight months into that and now I am not loosing but actually gaining!! I’m up 7lbs and that’s just depressing. So the lightbulb went on the other day and I decided to come back here for a while. I truly love the ww meetings but I will count here. I also want to know what I am eating calorie wise in a day and how much sodium I am taking in etc. Something ww doesn’t seem concerned about.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    No offense to WW members who have been successful, but my experience has been the opposite. I tried both previous point systems. Just when I got the hang of it, they changed it. Then they did that again. I got annoyed, frustrated and quit. Now with the freestyle program it just seems like another gimmick. They want your money. They'll change it up again when this one fizzles out.

Calories in, calories out is how our bodies work. Eating less calories than you burn is how you lose weight. Counting points for food really makes no sense. What is a point worth anyway? All foods have calories, so free foods is a silly concept.

Also worth mentioning, WW is a multi-million dollar company who's main objective is to make money. If people stick around and don't lose weight they still make a profit. MFP is free and you get all the benefits of tracking and the community of members.
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    Agree 100%. Used to love ww until Freestyle.