Discouraged

Options
First I hav e been very encouraged and motivated by all of you. YOur honesty, support to one another and good ideas have been really great. (I never did "introduce" myself. I m 28, three kids in the past 4 years, ALWAYS been overweight to some degree.) I have not been able to lose ANYTHING for about 4 months now. Tried nutrisystem, low carb, low calorie etc.. I usually lose for a few days, then stop. Anyway, it seems to be happening again. I lost a pound last week, then gained it back. After reading recent posts, I increased my calories to the recommended amount and I usually do the eliptical 3 times a week. (I am 5'9.5 " and I weigh 226 :( Anhy advice would definately be appreciated. THANKS!

Replies

• mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    First I hav e been very encouraged and motivated by all of you. YOur honesty, support to one another and good ideas have been really great. (I never did "introduce" myself. I m 28, three kids in the past 4 years, ALWAYS been overweight to some degree.) I have not been able to lose ANYTHING for about 4 months now. Tried nutrisystem, low carb, low calorie etc.. I usually lose for a few days, then stop. Anyway, it seems to be happening again. I lost a pound last week, then gained it back. After reading recent posts, I increased my calories to the recommended amount and I usually do the eliptical 3 times a week. (I am 5'9.5 " and I weigh 226 :( Anhy advice would definately be appreciated. THANKS!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sorry for duplicating OOPS
  • melissac
    melissac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    your doing great just keep at it. you may want to try adding a weight lifting routine to your training building muscle will help you to burn more calorise. Start off easy as you get stronger increase your weight and reps. The general rule of thumb is light weight more reps to build lean muscle and tone. The bonus to that is the more calorise you burn the more food you get to eat.