Carbs on keto

Options
Why does mfp count total carbs and not net? I'm eating about 15 net carbs a day, but ill go through 15 in no time tracking total carbs. What should I do? I might go back to my other app.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Subtract fibre from total carbs? Or use net carb entries.... There are many. If you can't find an entry for the food you're eating, make one of your own.
  • tinaramsey1975
    tinaramsey1975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, so instead of scanning, just manually enter it?
  • tinaramsey1975
    tinaramsey1975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think I'll go back to my other app. It tracks net carbs. Hopefully, MFP will update.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

No. Find entries that are giving you net carb info by searching the database - just because you scam something doesn't mean the data in the entry is correct.

Or add a fibre column to the info shown on the diary page.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I think I'll go back to my other app. It tracks net carbs. Hopefully, MFP will update.

Not likely - there aren't consistent labeling laws around the world, many entrues are already net carb depending on the country of origin of the food or user entering the data....
  • mexitaly5
    mexitaly5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

No. Find entries that are giving you net carb info by searching the database - just because you scam something doesn't mean the data in the entry is correct.

Or add a fibre column to the info shown on the diary page.

How do you do that???
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Why? Most users on MFP would prefer total carbs rather than net. Having the option in settings would be helpful though.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I see this question asked all the time, and I just don't get it. Is it really that hard to just subtract the fiber from your total carbs?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    This script can be used to show net carbs, although I think it us just for PCs.
    https://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/

I just set up fibre and sugar next to my carbs. I try to keep fibre at about half of my carbs. I was fairly loose with my macros though. My days could vary 1000 kcal from day to day, which nay not work well for others who prefer less variation.