Motivation for fasting

Options
I want to cleanse my body, I want to do a 10 day fast, but there are too many obstacles, I live with my mom first of all, she always makes me eat even if I don’t want to, also I work at a bakery and it’s almost impossible not to eat, i don’t know what to do, I need to fast so bad

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't need to fast, you need to grow up, toughen up, be responsible for your actions and take control of your life. If you want to cleanse anything, purge your bad attitudes. I'm actually with your mom on this, you have to eat even if you "don't want to". Likewise, it's not "impossible" to not eat at each and every whim. If you decide in advance what and how much you are going to eat, maybe plan/cook/bring food, it's certainly possible.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if your liver and kidneys aren't working, you need to see a doctor. otherwise there is no reason you need to 'cleanse' your body.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Don’t do the fast. That doesn’t sound healthy and safe anyway.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Why do you think a fast is necessary? What do you think will be “cleansed” by not eating for 10 days? What happens after the fast? You still work at the bakery, right? So how will this help you prepare for those continued challenges?